NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Give credit to the Patriots guy for amping up the emotion in a non-shitty way when it was clear Drake had a chance.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I wanna know if the pats fan's house has been burnt to the ground yet for questioning bill's decision.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Oakland sued the Raiders and the rest of the NFL today. Just want money.

Last edited:

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
most disgusting teams with a chance to win the SB this season, in order

1. Seahawks
2. Panthers
3. Saints
4. Chargers
5. Pats

As a lifelong fan who is also checking in, the Chargers do not belong on that list. Rivers is a national treasure and I hope he has 20 kids.

I'm rooting for Chiefs and Chargers at this point, and no idea who I care about in the NFC. If my actual team, the Steelers, beat the Patriots this week for the first time in 9000 years, it'll be like winning the Superbowl anyway.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Chiefs vs Saints is the matchup I'd like to see. Both offenses can obviously light up the scoreboard and both teams are playing pretty good defense these days. The Saints probably have the edge. They have the better ground attack, do a better job controlling the clock, and if all else is equal, you'd probably trust Brees & Payton a little more than Mahomes & Reid. I could see a 38-34 game there.

As much as I like the Bears defense, I just can't trust Trubisky. The Cowboys won't win on the road as someone will shut down Cooper. As for the Rams, Goff will make a costly mistake or two somewhere along the way to knock them out.

The Pats look old as fuck out there. And the Steelers look like the Bell situation has taken enough of a toll on them mentally to where they've kinda checked out.

I can't think of a more boring AFC rep than either the Texans or Chargers.

• 1Potato
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

This makes sense from the Vikings point of view. You have a 28M a year investment in a QB and 1.5M or so in an offensive coordinator. If their styles do not gel you get rid of him and find one that does make your massive investment work, right , wrong, or indifferent.

Cousins can play better, he might choke in the big spot or not, but you cannot really plan for that and you have to take that factor in previous to signing the big contract. Once its signed its your responsibility as management to do everything you can to make that successful. Sometimes that means shuffling off coaches that don't fit, its not necessarily a reflection on the coach. To many coaches are stuck in their own systems though and not everyone works in every system.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This makes sense from the Vikings point of view. You have a 28M a year investment in a QB and 1.5M or so in an offensive coordinator. If their styles do not gel you get rid of him and find one that does make your massive investment work, right , wrong, or indifferent.

Cousins can play better, he might choke in the big spot or not, but you cannot really plan for that and you have to make that factor that in previous to signing the big contract. Once its signed its your responsibility as management to do everything you can to make that successful. Sometimes that means shuffling off coaches that don't fit, its not necessarily a reflection on the coach. To many coaches are stuck in their own systems though and not everyone works in every system.

Oh I agree on that front for sure. But overall, Cousins is not, nor ever has been, a AAA Caliber QB. He CAN be during certain games when playing 1) A losing Team. 2) No Pressure (On the field or off) 3) Not on Prime Time. And he has a great arm with great accuracy. But a lot of QB's have great arms and great accuracy. He needs to be mobile, go deep in the pocket, scan receivers better (Only stays with Primary the entire time) and extend plays that are broken to pick up yards. He can do none of the latter. And while everyone is blaming the O-Line (Who gave him more 4-5 seconds in the pocket the last two games for the most part) or coaching, or this, or that (Let's face it, this guy has had everyone making excuses for him as to why he isn't better for the last 5 years) no one is realizing he JUST isn't anything other than medicore. Nor do they realize a lot of his stats are padded by garbage yards when a defense is playing Cover 2/Contain and just finishing up the game and keeping the clock running because they couldn't care less if they give up yardage as long as they keep the play in front of them. Example: Last game. 80 Yard Drive for a TD with 2 minutes left - because who cares - Seattle's D surely didn't. Multiply those types of situations by anywhere from 6-10 games a year, over 5 years, and those stats add up. It's unreal to me how people making these decisions don't see that, yet let a guy like Bridgewater walk, or Keenum who makes break out plays on the fly.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Oh I agree on that front for sure. But overall, Cousins is not, nor ever has been, a AAA Caliber QB. He CAN be during certain games when playing 1) A losing Team. 2) No Pressure (On the field or off) 3) Not on Prime Time. And he has a great arm with great accuracy. But a lot of QB's have great arms and great accuracy. He needs to be mobile, go deep in the pocket, scan receivers better (Only stays with Primary the entire time) and extend plays that are broken to pick up yards. He can do none of the latter. And while everyone is blaming the O-Line (Who gave him more 4-5 seconds in the pocket the last two games for the most part) or coaching, or this, or that (Let's face it, this guy has had everyone making excuses for him as to why he isn't better for the last 5 years) no one is realizing he JUST isn't anything other than medicore. Nor do they realize a lot of his stats are padded by garbage yards when a defense is playing Cover 2/Contain and just finishing up the game and keeping the clock running because they couldn't care less if they give up yardage as long as they keep the play in front of them. Example: Last game. 80 Yard Drive for a TD with 2 minutes left - because who cares - Seattle's D surely didn't. Multiply those types of situations by anywhere from 6-10 games a year, over 5 years, and those stats add up. It's unreal to me how people making these decisions don't see that, yet let a guy like Bridgewater walk, or Keenum who makes break out plays on the fly.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, but hes your guy for the next couple years so you need to find a way to shore up those deficiencies. I thought Keenum was great last year and thought they should have kept him on a moderate or prove it contract. No way you were getting Bridgewater and another QB again though. Teddy is going to want to get paid next year.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's hard to believe any team would put him in as a starter with any kind of guarantee. He could easily do another five years as a backup or journeyman mentor, like Fitzmagic or McCown, if he wanted.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, but hes your guy for the next couple years so you need to find a way to shore up those deficiencies. I thought Keenum was great last year and thought they should have kept him on a moderate or prove it contract. No way you were getting Bridgewater and another QB again though. Teddy is going to want to get paid next year.

Yeah that's what sucks. And hopefully what will be the last straw for Spielman who ultimately made all these horrid decisions.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Oakland sued the Raiders and the rest of the NFL today. Just want money.

San Antonio Raiders has a nice ring to it. Last time I looked they have a perfectly good stadium sitting there LNIB. They play like 1 college bowl game there a year.

• 1Worf

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Great then San Antonians can be insufferable about another team besides the Spurs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I don't see them changing their name temporarily to wherever they're playing, but given the litigation I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped the Oakland on their merchandising or adopted Las Vegas branding season.

The fans who have been pushing this hilariously think the discovery phase or a the potential of a large judgement will get the Raiders to give up their name and records to the city as part of a settlement. Almost no chance of that happening, this isn't like the Browns / Baltimore.