NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

gak

<Gold Donor>
There were a few duds, but nothing like last season.

*blocks your path*

boo.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The only people I know that stopped watching because of the anthem protests were people who didn't actually watch anyway.

People in my area being Eagles fans did care to watch in 2018 but even then, there was chatter among many about not watching any other games and losing interest in the NFL.

NFL appeals to more than just the diehard fans, losing that casual/social group was a big hit to their ratings imo.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
big hit to their ratings imo.

3rd post from the top shows the ratings were up. So are you arguing that they would have been way up without the bullshit? Cause the ratings don't seem to have taken a hit.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
3rd post from the top shows the ratings were up. So are you arguing that they would have been way up without the bullshit? Cause the ratings don't seem to have taken a hit.
I'm talking about the previous season. 2017-2018.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All TV was losing for the last couple years, really. NFL was actually losing a lesser % of their total than other stuff as well. I'm sure the offensive explosion at times this year and so many good prime time games helped as well (forget who mentioned it earlier, but definitely seemed like the Thursday games were leaps and bounds better than previous years when majority of those were shitty).

Fadaar

That guy
Doesn't help the NFL that people like me stream the majority of the time. I think I watched a legit cable/satellite broadcast of NFL games three weekends this year, and that's only because I was out of town visiting the family.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thats the NFLs fault though. They should have emphasized how streaming is becoming more and more of their viewership. Then they could just push the narrative people are switching to streaming and viewership continues to rise. To bad the guy they are paying 40million a year to is a moron.

• 1Like

Merrith

First time i'm here, so don't know if posted

dis not gonna be gud

Lanx Lanx you realize she got hired on as first full time female official back in 2015 right? In recent news for her, she's going to be the first female official to do a playoff game (Pats/Chargers) this weekend.

• 1Like

Merrith

It's a little crazy to me that a community I found way back in '99 or 2000 to look up EQ accomplishments has led me to be really pumped to see a #GravyStrong sign at a Chiefs home playoff game. You're a good dude Regime, and the rest of you are all right, too.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It's a little crazy to me that a community I found way back in '99 or 2000 to look up EQ accomplishments has led me to be really pumped to see a #GravyStrong sign at a Chiefs home playoff game. You're a good dude Regime, and the rest of you are all right, too.
Exept the cowboys fans. Oh, and the Pats fans. So basically most of them.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 6 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Now that we know Antonio Brown stopped showing up to work at the end of the season I think they have to trade him. They won't get much for him either due to contract, age, and attitude.

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
@Jozu I sure am glad drafting an RB #2 overall turned the Giants around.

He got pretty close to that 3000 yards rushing ... Itlan Itlan
He had over 2000 all-purpose yards his rookie year.

And to be fair, no draft pick would've turned this team around. I didn't really like the QB talent and I said from the jump I'd like to trade back and start hoarding picks.

But anyway, Saquad already confirmed goat. He'll prob win MVP the next 13 years.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just put in OBJ as the QB -- he has a perfect passer rating, throws a TD every pass, and averages 53 yards a throw!

Last edited: