NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like the Broncos are hiring Fangio as HC. Curious to see how he does there. He is obviously a great DC, but as we talked about earlier, doesn't mean it will translate to a good HC.

He definitely needs to find a really good OC.
He definitely does not need to do that!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So, was this indeed the year that we got to watch the NFL wither away and die?

I quit paying attention to the season half-way in, Lions just killed my spirit too much. Which is saying a lot for a lifelong Lions fan...

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
So, was this indeed the year that we got to watch the NFL wither away and die?

I quit paying attention to the season half-way in, Lions just killed my spirit too much. Which is saying a lot for a lifelong Lions fan...
Uh the NFL was amazing this year. Lions sucking ruined your experience. That's on you. There were a bunch of other interesting teams and great games.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Uh the NFL was amazing this year. Lions sucking ruined your experience. That's on you. There were a bunch of other interesting teams and great games.

Wasn't a rhetorical question, if you think I was trying to imply anything. Definitely am aware that Lions making exceptionally horrible decisions (even compared to prior Lions seasons! Which is saying something) ruined the whole thing for me. And yeah, probably shouldn't have let it ruin it for me, but meh.

I've still got my Seasons4U subscription going for the rest of the season, any good games I should go back and watch? I guessI should at least check out that one that went 46-43 or whatever.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Off the top of my head watch the Chiefs Rams game. Rams v Saints maybe. Chargers v Chiefs. I might be a bit biased but those are the games that stand out to me this year.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The NFL was an improvement because they tried to go back to focusing on football. The media's ongoing OCD on social issues really made me and many others just say, 'forget this shit'. Between racism, CTE, transgender bathrooms, faggots kneeling, and multiple players beating on women, it was too much. We wanted football, not The View.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The games went on as usual. Some people choose to let themselves get distracted by whichever things bother their side of whichever discussion.

But in general league continues to push more and more offense, which if you judge ratings this year, worked I guess.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So, there was a surprising amount of people that were doomsaying before the season started. Which is nothing unusual for this forum on any given topic, I suppose. But it seems the general consensus is they were wrong, then? NFL actually made some good moves to correct their apparent trajectory from last year?

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly I think it was mostly because the Thursday night and Sunday night games were much more competitive this year. There were a few duds, but nothing like last season.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thursday nights were fantastic this year, it was Monday that sucked the most. I'd rather they get rid of Monday after the shit show it was

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, there was a surprising amount of people that were doomsaying before the season started. Which is nothing unusual for this forum on any given topic, I suppose. But it seems the general consensus is they were wrong, then? NFL actually made some good moves to correct their apparent trajectory from last year?

They clamped down hard on any controversy aside from how bad the reffing is. If next season starts with a bunch of kneeling by ultra-privileged millionaires, the ratings will again plummet until the NFL again clamps down on it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
For me the primetime games last year were not that compelling. It seemed much better this year.

• 2Like

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Sounds like the Broncos are hiring Fangio as HC. Curious to see how he does there. He is obviously a great DC, but as we talked about earlier, doesn't mean it will translate to a good HC.

He definitely needs to find a really good OC.

Looks like they are tapping Kubiak to be OC. Sounds like Elway wanted Rams' QB Coach Taylor, but he declined so they went with Kubes. I am somewhat hopeful, since Kubiak has proven to be a pretty good OC and it is way less stress than being HC.

Fangio gives me hope he can get Denver's defense back into top five status again and really unleash Von and Chubb on the league.

• 2Like

Merrith

Agreed ratings mostly up for increased offense and host of great prime time games this year. Monday nights being subpar has been a thing for a few years now, at least in regards to Sunday Night, since Sunday gets the flex option to replace games with good ones later in the season.

I'm sure some of the "controversial" things if they were to come back in greater force would cause some ratings drop. Although I think most of the snowflakes in those instances have already been cleared out. They love to tell you at parties about how they don't watch the NFL anymore despite 20% of their wardrobe being their old team's gear...about as much as vegans love to tell you they don't eat meat. Amusing either way.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Have they been preaching to us at halftime this year? I didn't notice it, but I watched a lot fewer MNF games too.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The only people I know that stopped watching because of the anthem protests were people who didn't actually watch anyway.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only people I know that stopped watching because of the anthem protests were people who didn't actually watch anyway.

My mom stopped watching last season, but was back to mainlining red zone and sunday night games this season.

Merrith

I have quite a few friends, Ravens fans mostly, who love to preach about how they have quit watching the NFL. Few of them were straight up die hards previously. To each their own.