NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm hopeful the Bengals might not be absolute shit with a new coach. Very likely they'll still be shit, but not absolute zero.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Hue is still available. Maybe he can dunk your team in another lake.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Hue was really bad. He was like a blackhole of boring miscues. He was like watching a dishwasher not efficiently loading the racks. After a few hours, you realize, this is not going to get any better.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It really is odd. Because the Bengals offense looked very, very good when he was the OC in Cincy. That was when Dalton was putting up MVP numbers until he got hurt.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Some people just are not cut out to be -GOOD- Head Coaches, but are Excellent Offensive/Defensive Coordinators..their ability is too focused on what they do good, and the REST of the team suffers.

good defenses- sucky offenses or vice versa, it is the rare coach that is good at all phases of the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Some people just are not cut out to be -GOOD- Head Coaches, but are Excellent Offensive/Defensive Coordinators..their ability is too focused on what they do good, and the REST of the team suffers.

good defenses- sucky offenses or vice versa, it is the rare coach that is good at all phases of the game.

Yeah, just look at Wade Phillips as an example.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Will you guys allow me to do a little happy dance here? This is why Cleveland is -- <boggle> -- happy.

What do you all think? He seems like the real deal, like really.

But I moved to C-Land right when the team came back, and it really has been one big yawn or basically being patient with a fucked up team.

Baker seems ... like a real star. But I am so traumatized, I can't trust myself. We shall see in 2019 if this is real or what, eh?

Go Brownies 2019!

Baker seems legit. Not to bring you down but this reminds me so much of a Jimmy Garoppolo mic'd up video at the end of last season that filled me with hope, only to have him go out and tear his ACL in week 3.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Steve Young was on Tolbert and Lund last week and had some interesting comments about why Colin Kaepernick failed. I thought it was kind of interesting because he would never say anything while he was actually playing.

1-2 Steve Young says the 49ers need to get a top WR and Pash Rusher to scare other teams - Tolbert & Lund - Omny.fm

QB stuff is 19:30-23:30

I agree completely when he talks about coaches marginalizing what young QB's need to learn. Lot of talk about Goff getting so much help from McVay through the headset pre-snap and not knowing the reads himself. Also agreed Kaepernick should have focused way more on his weaknesses than working out as much as he did, although I thought it was weird Steve was getting on him for working on his throwing motion. I don't remember him having the best one, you'd figure every QB works on their throwing motion until it's muscle memory to fix any issues with it.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's at least different. Might energize the Packers next year.

• 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>

Will you guys allow me to do a little happy dance here? This is why Cleveland is -- <boggle> -- happy.

What do you all think? He seems like the real deal, like really.

But I moved to C-Land right when the team came back, and it really has been one big yawn or basically being patient with a fucked up team.

Baker seems ... like a real star. But I am so traumatized, I can't trust myself. We shall see in 2019 if this is real or what, eh?

Go Brownies 2019!
I said before the draft Mayfield was going to be good. Some people here disagreed but he looks great. The reason why i knew he would be good is because of how calm under pressure he was in big spots. As long as he gets a good coach and solid talent he's going to be a super star.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think the coach/GM relationship varies pretty widely. Sometimes the GM hires the coach, sometimes the coach hires the GM. Kyle Shanahan basically hired Mike Lynch for the 49ers.

Fadaar

That guy
I think the coach/GM relationship varies pretty widely. Sometimes the GM hires the coach, sometimes the coach hires the GM. Kyle Shanahan basically hired Mike Lynch for the 49ers.

uhh, his name is John Lynch good sir

• 1Picard

Fadaar

That guy
You are forgiven my son. As a Bucs fan he was by far the most fun person on the field to watch, dude had a knack for destruction

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
New coach either has someone he wants at DC or they thought Greg would be disgruntled going back to DC. Or Greg walked when he didn't get the job. Not sure this is the way to go for the Browns but there are worse things than picking someone your QB likes.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like the Broncos are hiring Fangio as HC. Curious to see how he does there. He is obviously a great DC, but as we talked about earlier, doesn't mean it will translate to a good HC.

He definitely needs to find a really good OC.

• 1Like