NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty impressive that was only the 2nd time Wilson has thrown a pick 6.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Trubisky just needs time. He was in an all-world shit offense last year and I think that has left a stain. He definitely has some oh fuck that's bad moments but they aren't Grossman shit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't give a shit about the Bears either way, but starting to like the Trubisky kid for more than just his stance on titty kissing

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What's supposed to be Seattle's upside?

They haven't drafted well since Pete Carroll spent most of his time watching college players. Russ is a fine QB with a team-friendly cap number ($24 million), but they're treading water while hoping to draft their next big star or land a big free agent?

Seattle needs the 49ers to keep sucking, the Rams to blow their salary cap, and to start drafting well. GM and Coach are just collecting a paycheck, promising enough to not get fired as they can tell fans they almost won that second Superbowl.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What's supposed to be Seattle's upside?

They haven't drafted well since Pete Carroll spent most of his time watching college players. Russ is a fine QB with a team-friendly cap number ($24 million), but they're treading water while hoping to draft their next big star or land a big free agent?

Seattle needs the 49ers to keep sucking, the Rams to blow their salary cap, and to start drafting well. GM and Coach are just collecting a paycheck, promising enough to not get fired as they can tell fans they almost won that second Superbowl.

There isn't any. The defense isn't anywhere near as good as Legion of Boom in its heyday. They've literally had one of the worst O lines in the league for years, but Wilson's elusiveness and receivers that fit the "scramble around for awhile and get open deep" let them get away with it for awhile with big play success. Before season started it seemed obvious Rams would repeat as division champs and be a legit Super Bowl contender, 49ers would sorta be on the rise (although whether that meant a .500 team or potential playoff team depended a lot on how Jimmy G would do over a full season), and Seahawks/Cardinals would battle it out in the basement of the division.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Uh, coach salaries don't count against the cap......

Well duh. My point is he didn't want to in his opinion overpay for Mack but in truth so far Gruden looks like the overpaid guy between the two. The Mack and Bryant decisions doesn't exactly give a whole lot of confidence he is making good football personnel decisions.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Well duh. My point is he didn't want to in his opinion overpay for Mack but in truth so far Gruden looks like the overpaid guy between the two. The Mack and Bryant decisions doesn't exactly give a whole lot of confidence he is making good football personnel decisions.

Depends on who ends up being the result of the draft picks the Raiders got in return.

Remember that Herschel Walker ran for 669 (in 11 games), 770, and 825 in the years following the Vikings/Cowboys trade with average yards per attempt at 4.0, 4.2, 4.2. Those are incredibly good numbers. But the picks the Cowboys got lead to 3 Superbowls.

Merrith

Depends on who ends up being the result of the draft picks the Raiders got in return.

Remember that Herschel Walker ran for 669 (in 11 games), 770, and 825 in the years following the Vikings/Cowboys trade with average yards per attempt at 4.0, 4.2, 4.2. Those are incredibly good numbers. But the picks the Cowboys got lead to 3 Superbowls.

FYI, Walker wasn't in the top 10 for rushing yards for any of those 3 years (1989, 90, 91). He only topped 1,000 yards twice in his career. His very good 1988 year with Dallas (#2 behind Dickerson with 1,514 yards), not surprisingly the year right before he got traded...and 1992 his first year with Philly when he hit 1,070 yards. Seems more like Dallas cashed in on his one outstanding season and the Vikings got a good to very good player but gave up a haul fit for a superstar.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
FYI, Walker wasn't in the top 10 for rushing yards for any of those 3 years (1989, 90, 91). He only topped 1,000 yards twice in his career. His very good 1988 year with Dallas (#2 behind Dickerson with 1,514 yards), not surprisingly the year right before he got traded...and 1992 his first year with Philly when he hit 1,070 yards. Seems more like Dallas cashed in on his one outstanding season and the Vikings got a good to very good player but gave up a haul fit for a superstar.

My point was you can't properly evaluate a trade that includes draft picks until you see what those picks turn into. Sure Mack is all world pass rusher. But if the Raiders get an all world pass rusher AND an all pro left tackle, or CB, then they improved their roster beyond the one player to TWO outstanding players.

• 1Like

Merrith

My point was you can't properly evaluate a trade that includes draft picks until you see what those picks turn into. Sure Mack is all world pass rusher. But if the Raiders get an all world pass rusher AND an all pro left tackle, or CB, then they improved their roster beyond the one player to TWO outstanding players.

I don't disagree at all, and granted we're only 2 games into this year and Mack's time in Chicago...but early returns make Mack look like a much better asset than what Walker was in Minnesota. If they get all world at those positions, obviously it'll look better in the long term for the Raiders. It's just not likely to hit on 2 picks like that.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
You can't really compare any trade to the Walker trade. Dude could have been Joe Montana and Barry Sanders at the same time and it still would have been sketchy. Even Ditka trading an entire draft for Ricky Williams wasn't that dumb. Only worse trade ever that I can think of off the top of my head was the Red Sox selling Babe Ruth to The Yankees for like 120k to pay for some play or something.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Some form of benefits should be available IMO, but good luck w/ the salary bit.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, a share of league revenue when not in the league? That seems silly.

• 1Solidarity