NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
zzeris Ill give you credit, was a good try but your Alex Smith dig is misguided.

Jimmy G has a healthy YPA over his short career, and his INT to TD ratio is troubling, meaning he is willing to air it out and take chances.

Alex couldnt gain 16 yards through the air over an entire quarter sometimes, as he would be ultra conservative, leaving an uncountable number of big plays on the field. If the 49ers were down 10+ the game was OVER, every TIME. He couldnt convert on 3rd down, and would never take risks. Not only that but opposing defenses would zone in and just work 1/3rd of the field (nullify the middle of the field, 2 man press, safety over the top) and totally neutralize their offense, as they had NO fear of him throwing the ball over their head.

Garoppolo isnt that type of QB. These first two games have been disappointing, but he has an innate willingness to take chances and get some fucking air under the football.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I didn't even bother with last night's game. So tired of Cowboys in primetime. They fucking suck.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Look at Brady. He is obviously the most accomplished QB ever, but if you look closely, he is perhaps the most adaptive QB in NFL history. He can get it done with NO ONE at WR, using that west coast offense, and the short passing game to pick teams apart, Belichick will throw the ball 60 times if he has to and wont give a fuck.

When they had Randy Moss, he turned into a Peyton Manning esque stat machine, putting up the most absurd deep ball numbers in league history, hitting Randy Moss, what 22 times alone int he endzone? He had 50 TD passes that year......

Fantastic QB's can do both. They dont have to be a check down guy, or a big arm guy. Im not saying Jimmy G is fantastic, or will be on Brady's level, but I do think he has the ability to push the ball downfield if they need to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I get that. It's always been this way so I'm not normally one to complain, but it's hard not to when the big guns you rely on are firing duds.

I guess if you're a hater you will enjoy drinking the tears though.

The big guns are the big guns because they draw ratings even when they suck. It's the same for bluebloods in college football. Notre Dame has sucked for how many decades now? And they STILL have one of the best TV deals with a major network. Because they draw ratings.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
zzeris Ill give you credit, was a good try but your Alex Smith dig is misguided.

Jimmy G has a healthy YPA over his short career, and his INT to TD ratio is troubling, meaning he is willing to air it out and take chances.

Alex couldnt gain 16 yards through the air over an entire quarter sometimes, as he would be ultra conservative, leaving an uncountable number of big plays on the field. If the 49ers were down 10+ the game was OVER, every TIME. He couldnt convert on 3rd down, and would never take risks. Not only that but opposing defenses would zone in and just work 1/3rd of the field (nullify the middle of the field, 2 man press, safety over the top) and totally neutralize their offense, as they had NO fear of him throwing the ball over their head.

Garoppolo isnt that type of QB. These first two games have been disappointing, but he has an innate willingness to take chances and get some fucking air under the football.

I tried. Mainly I was trying to bring back good memories of your previous superstar.

gak

<Gold Donor>

I'm sure Eli prefers that over an O-line...

d.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I figured that either the Vikes or Browns would nab Bailey. Minnesota getting fucked by bad kickers has been Zimmers downfall so far

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Josh Gordon about to ruin fantasy football once again.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You would think he might be satisfied with ruining real Football.....

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users