NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The teams response to him being on the field was electric. They wanted it as much or more than the fans did is what it seemed like to me. He came out and performed like a pro. Could be a one time thing for all we know but sure as shit looked like he belonged out there.

Junky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not buying that shit at all...you're a professional football team (no tape on the kid?). Lol get real!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Of course there's tape of rookies in college and preseason, but that's certainly not the same as regular season tape against real defenses. And if they don't expect him to play there's going to be limited time spent on it. All the being said he played pretty well and likely worst case is he turns out to be a reasonable NFL QB and could be better than that.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I agree. I think it's possible (even likely) that he'll be the best QB in the AFC North by the end of the season.

Well he is better than Andy Dalton and Elite Joe Flacco.

The only question is how much Big Ben has left in the tank.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Is it me, or when Tyrod the vet was in the offense was toned down and simplified and when Baker came in they opened it up significantly?

If Tyrod had the ability, the offense would not have been toned down and simplified.

People were giving Bills fans plenty of shit about moving on from Taylor even though he "led" them to a playoff game, but it seems they were right all along.

• 2Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well he is better than Andy Dalton and Elite Joe Flacco.

The only question is how much Big Ben has left in the tank.

Funny stat I saw the other day earlier this week. Do you know how many QB's have thrown more TD passes in the past 16 games played (first 2 weeks this season and last 14 games played last year)? Tom Brady and Russel Wilson. That's it, that's the list.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Funny stat I saw the other day earlier this week. Do you know how many QB's have thrown more TD passes in the past 16 games played (first 2 weeks this season and last 14 games played last year)? Tom Brady and Russel Wilson. That's it, that's the list.

Gotta love selective stats. I can't wait to see the people expecting Mahomes to break the single season record off two games. The guy has 14 games to get just a measly 45 TDs! That should be simple!

• 2Like

Merrith

Gotta love selective stats. I can't wait to see the people expecting Mahomes to break the single season record off two games. The guy has 14 games to get just a measly 45 TDs! That should be simple!

Eh, it was basically to coincide with Dalton having a full season's worth of games under their current OC. In that time he has 31 TD's to 9 Int. Now disclaimer (since it seems I need to give one), doesn't mean I think he's a top 5 QB in the league or anywhere close to it. It does show things have been going well though and their good start maybe should be a little less surprising.

Edit: Also comparing Mahomes' sample size of 2 games to a 16 game sample size seems odd.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Mahomes on pace for 80 TDs, that's how math works. People penciling him in for 45 TDs because of 2 games are certainly jumping the gun. If he plays the whole season and doesn't get to 30 I'd be a bit surprised though.

• 2Like

Merrith

Mahomes on pace for 80 TDs, that's how math works. People penciling him in for 45 TDs because of 2 games are certainly jumping the gun. If he plays the whole season and doesn't get to 30 I'd be a bit surprised though.

Helps when they fuck over Hunt fantasy owners by padding Mahomes' passing TD numbers with those shovel passes to Hill inside the 5 instead of just handing it off to Hunt.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Helps when they fuck over Hunt fantasy owners by padding Mahomes' passing TD numbers with those shovel passes to Hill inside the 5 instead of just handing it off to Hunt.

I don't have him in any leagues, so fuck 'em.

• 1Worf

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Eh, it was basically to coincide with Dalton having a full season's worth of games under their current OC. In that time he has 31 TD's to 9 Int. Now disclaimer (since it seems I need to give one), doesn't mean I think he's a top 5 QB in the league or anywhere close to it. It does show things have been going well though and their good start maybe should be a little less surprising.

Edit: Also comparing Mahomes' sample size of 2 games to a 16 game sample size seems odd.

You misread my intent. I wasn't making fun of you or your message. I agree, Dalton is doing better.I just found it funny they didn't include the first two games of last year(you explained). I know you've seen selective stats before so I didn't think I had to explain what I was making fun of. You know someone out there is promoting my ridiculous Mahomes example.

• 1Like

Merrith

You misread my intent. I wasn't making fun of you or your message. I agree, Dalton is doing better.I just found it funny they didn't include the first two games of last year(you explained). I know you've seen selective stats before so I didn't think I had to explain what I was making fun of. You know someone out there is promoting my ridiculous Mahomes example.

Ah, yeah I guess I should have mentioned they put the cutoff there b/c of OC, and I assume 16 games equaling a full season being a nice round number to peek at results and see how it went.

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The 49ers beat the Chiefs today.

Mahomes is going to come back to Earth and Reuben Foster is going to help firmly plant him there.

The 49ers defense will b challenged, but I think they come thru and hold the Chiefs to 24 points in Arrowhead.

Jimmy can put up 30 on them boys.

• 2Picard
  • 1Cutler
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wondering if we will give up triple digits to the Bucs this week. Fucking Tomlin and this godawful defense under his watch. Just for some context with regard to last weeks bedshittery on defense

"Since 1940, NFL teams scoring 37 or more points and committing zero turnovers are 653-2. The Steelers’ defeat Sunday was (only) the second time that happened

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The 49ers beat the Chiefs today.

Mahomes is going to come back to Earth and Reuben Foster is going to help firmly plant him there.

The 49ers defense will b challenged, but I think they come thru and hold the Chiefs to 24 points in Arrowhead.

Jimmy can put up 30 on them boys.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You really think Mahomes is going to go wild again?

No fucking way. Im not saying he will play like straight shit, but an average game is likely. His pace is obviously unsustainable.

The 49ers can stop the run when they have to they just have problems getting off the field, so I can see Kelce having a big day and maybe Mahomes goes for a couple TDs and runs for 1, which would basically be his best possible performance IMO. But he isnt going to throw fucking 5 touchdowns and throw for 400 yards or some shit, and I can guarantee you Reuben Foster is going to make his presence felt today. You are going to hear his name more than a couple times, I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up with 13 tackles a FF and a sack.

On the other side of the coin the Chiefs defense is fucking awful. If Mahomes doesnt throw 10 fucking touchdowns the last 2 games they would be 0-2. They are like 29th or 30th in defense statistically and Garoppolo is going to have a big day. Brieda might run for 150 again. Its going to be a high scoring game, but Mahones is going to make a mistake or two and the 49ers defense will be the more ferocious, fresher unit come the 4th quarter.

30 24 Niners.

edit: This has trap game written all over it. A mediocre Niners team who are lucky to have a win, going into Arrowhead against statistically one of the greatest offenses of all time through 2 games, with a young record breaking QB at the helm. The media is saying KC is the best team in the NFL blah blah blah, yea well that ends today. They put up 38 and 42 on the Chargers and Steelers. Melvin Gordon has balled out and Rivers and company have played well offensively in order to beat opponents, their defense is continuously suspect. Big Ben just threw the ball 60 times because the Steelers still havent compensated for losing Shazier. Their defense is shambolic and is leaking like a sieve, the Chiefs are going to be facing a much tougher defense in today.

Last edited:

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Raiders/Dolphins game makes me nervous even though Miami looks like it has it together more than Oakland does.

Oakland is playing an early game on the east coast, wearing black, the weather is going to be 90 and humid, and the visiting team bench is designed so the sun is on it the whole time (while Miami's side is in the shade). The desperation to not go 0-3 is strong though, and Carr was wildly accurate last week.

It's not Denver, but I'm hoping the conditions can help wear down their defense first to maintain or take a lead if needed.

27-24 Miami.

• 2Like