NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I gathered, Dallas was willing to give a second rounder. Once Mack got traded, Seahawks tried to up it to a first rounder and Jerry told them to piss off. Now he'll get Earl for free.

This is according to Cowboys fans so who the fuck knows. Either way, speedy recovery for Earl.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I am an OU alum, so I tuned into this game merely to watch Mayfield's first NFL start.

It is the first non-Superbowl NFL game I have watched in over a decade and I can't see myself tuning in again. Why the fuck does anyone watch this over college football? The fact that this was not called a fumble is the most egregious call I've ever seen in all football, and that includes the refs in the 2008 OU/Oregon game giving Oregon the winning possession after an OU player handed the refs the ball.

I like NFL way more. Much more talent and way more interesting games/matchups. I'm not a fan of OSU beating up on Tennessee Middle Valley or some shit. It also almost always comes down to the same five schools every year. Plus I'm a UC fan and all we do is groom coaches for "prestige" schools and it fucking sucks. Fuck college.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I am an OU alum, so I tuned into this game merely to watch Mayfield's first NFL start.

It is the first non-Superbowl NFL game I have watched in over a decade and I can't see myself tuning in again. Why the fuck does anyone watch this over college football? The fact that this was not called a fumble is the most egregious call I've ever seen in all football, and that includes the refs in the 2008 OU/Oregon game giving Oregon the winning possession after an OU player handed the refs the ball.

I love both but NFL you at least see the best teams playing each other, where in college, heh, that shit is beyond retarded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I pretty much stopped watching NFL games after the Money Manziel "era" in Cleveland like 2014. I had heard about the rule changes, but the way the players have to dance around the QB now is fucking terrible. It cost the Browns a game yesterday.

I think if they insist on this hands off the QB approach they should make it even worse by allowing coaches to challenge any roughing the passer / QB penalties. Go full retard.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
From what I gathered, Dallas was willing to give a second rounder. Once Mack got traded, Seahawks tried to up it to a first rounder and Jerry told them to piss off. Now he'll get Earl for free.

This is according to Cowboys fans so who the fuck knows. Either way, speedy recovery for Earl.
From what I read the Seahawks tried to shop him for a second and there was no takers. He's fucking 30 and got a big contract years ago and will have earned every penny of it as lots was guaranteed. Earl Thomas is a fucking moron. His big contract days are done.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
LOL, Carroll so out of touch. Nobody that is paying attention needs to cut Earl a little slack. Everyone understands where he is coming from and why he is frustrated.

Carroll: Cut Thomas 'a little slack' over gesture
I understand a 30 year old guy still thinks he has the value of a 25 year old. The NFL doesn't agree though. It sucks but that's the way it is. He could be a year away from being Dez.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I understand a 30 year old guy still thinks he has the value of a 25 year old. The NFL doesn't agree though. It sucks but that's the way it is. He could be a year away from being Dez.
Maybe, maybe not. DB's don't fall off a cliff at 30 like RB's do. To pretend he wasn't worth extending is a bit disingenuous though. He is still an elite FS, probably top 5, and the Seattle defense is exponentially worse without him in there.

• 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Maybe, maybe not. DB's don't fall off a cliff at 30 like RB's do. To pretend he wasn't worth extending is a bit disingenuous though. He is still an elite FS, probably top 5, and the Seattle defense is exponentially worse without him in there.

I agree with this 100%. The Cowboy game is an easy example.. without Earl we lose that game EASILY.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Don't get me wrong hes still really good right now but how long will that be? You cannot risk a high value long term deal. If he wants to do high pay short term prove it deals I am all for it. I loved watching the Legion of Boom and want to see him play as long as he can. Im not putting an anchor on the franchise for a 30 year old DB though when we are no where close to competing.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jovec

?
I pretty much stopped watching NFL games after the Money Manziel "era" in Cleveland like 2014. I had heard about the rule changes, but the way the players have to dance around the QB now is fucking terrible. It cost the Browns a game yesterday.

I think if they insist on this hands off the QB approach they should make it even worse by allowing coaches to challenge any roughing the passer / QB penalties. Go full retard.

Owner driven even if they won't admit it. When you can have nearly 20% of your total cap on one player (of 53), you want that player playing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Don't get me wrong hes still really good right now but how long will that be? You cannot risk a high value long term deal. If he wants to do high pay short term prove it deals I am all for it. I loved watching the Legion of Boom and want to see him play as long as he can. Im not putting an anchor on the franchise for a 30 year old DB though when we are no where close to competing.
How many long term deals go the full duration? So you extend him 4ish years, and per usual you make it easy to get out of the last year or 2. It is standard practice in the NFL.

If they do ever get around to fully guaranteed contracts, they just need to make a way for teams to not have to count it against their cap if a player goes on IR or has to retire due to injury.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
How many long term deals go the full duration? So you extend him 4ish years, and per usual you make it easy to get out of the last year or 2. It is standard practice in the NFL.

If they do ever get around to fully guaranteed contracts, they just need to make a way for teams to not have to count it against their cap if a player goes on IR or has to retire due to injury.
His current deal went full term.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Holy shit, I love these Chiefs, even if their defense is a sieve. Going for it on 4th down on their own 34 on their first possession.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
How does ESPN continue to create perpetually worse MNF booth teams?

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That is some terrible tackling there by the Broncos. Almost looked like the 49ers!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm still fired up from that Bengals win. Feels good for Dalton to come through in a 75 yd final mins drive like that. This is the first time since the early Palmer years that the Bengals defense might be the liability in games.

This is the first year I actually respect the Bungles. They are going to beat the shit out of my team this week(jinx, jinx, jinx, please!)

• 1Solidarity