NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Conner James on the cheap instead of vastly overpaying for a guy who misses half the games. Sounds good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The idiot on tbe radio I was listening to said he expects Bell to get a 4 year 56 million dollar contract in free agency. Which is 14 million a year. If you factor in the 14 million he lost this year he would be making 10.5 million a year essentially. Steelers offered 12-14 million @ 5 years with 12 million guaranteed. So apparently he expects to get 30+ million guaranteed in his next contract.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I wonder if some day Bell will realize he will NEVER make up the 14m that he lost by not playing this year. Somehow I doubt it
Then you don’t understand why he did it. Yes he lost out on $14 million. But if he had played and gotten seriously hurt without a long term deal with big guaranteed money in the contract he would have lost out on even more. This way he saves a year of wear and tear on his body and doesn’t risk losing out on a bigger deal next off season.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Waited way too late to buy tickets to the Bengals-Chargers game. Should have bought them at the beginning of the season before people thought the Chargers were good. Oh well, we're front row near an end zone. Will be cool to see an NFL game in such a small stadium.

Pics or it didn’t happen

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats the thing.

A ton of people in the media (like dumbshit Mike Florio) saying how the public shouldnt be upset at Bell. The Steelers offered him money like Gurley received in his contract (actually it was 1 year more). And hes not Todd Gurley. Hes not Alvin Kamara either. Those guys can catch the ball as well as he does and guess what, when they take the ball up the middle past your safeties they can go 80-90 yards and not be touched because they also have 4.3 speed. Bell doesnt have their kind of speed. Hes elusive, he has a unique running style, but the numbers simply dont bear out that hes anything better than James Conner, and nor is he a home run threat that can take the ball 80 yards.

And when your average American who works hard 8 hours a day and sees a guy turning down a MORE than fair offer for a fuckton of money..... they're just going naturally think hes a greedy piece of shit. When he goes to the Jets and gets the treatment LeSean McCoy is getting this year facing 8 to 9 man fronts on every down, dude will look like a turd and everyone will laugh (except Jets fans).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Half the contract is a lot of guaranteed money for an RB. Im not sure another team will give him much more. I think he has been devalued.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Half the contract is a lot of guaranteed money for an RB. Im not sure another team will give him much more. I think he has been devalued.

He's one RB you give it to though. I know what Genjiro is saying he's not one with breakaway speed...but he absolutely gets the chains moving. I just love the tough runs and catches he brings. Plus you must account for him. Any player you need to scheme for whether offense or defense should get paid well. Any player you can dump the ball to, and watch shit happen should get paid.

If he was offered 70m with 33m guaranteed...his dumb ass should have taken that. He will get close to that money though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do think hes a great running back, no doubt.

But what he's telling the Steelers is, "I'm worth way more than Todd Gurley monetarily so fuck y'all". And he's not.

Todd Gurley *should* set the market value as the best running back in football (I'd say the consensus around the league is he is the best), yet Bell wants considerably more (17-18 million a year vs the 14 Gurley is getting).

And keep in mind everyone has forgotten he was suspended multiple times now, the next time would likely be 8 games to a full season.....so there's considerably more risk as well vs a guy like Tg3 who is a model teammate.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
He's one RB you give it to though. I know what Genjiro is saying he's not one with breakaway speed...but he absolutely gets the chains moving. I just love the tough runs and catches he brings. Plus you must account for him. Any player you need to scheme for whether offense or defense should get paid well. Any player you can dump the ball to, and watch shit happen should get paid.

If he was offered 70m with 33m guaranteed...his dumb ass should have taken that. He will get close to that money though.

Looking at what Conner has done, I disagree he's a RB you give that much to.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I do think hes a great running back, no doubt.

But what he's telling the Steelers is, "I'm worth way more than Todd Gurley monetarily so fuck y'all". And he's not.

Todd Gurley *should* set the market value as the best running back in football (I'd say the consensus around the league is he is the best), yet Bell wants considerably more (17-18 million a year vs the 14 Gurley is getting).

And keep in mind everyone has forgotten he was suspended multiple times now, the next time would likely be 8 games to a full season.....so there's considerably more risk as well vs a guy like Tg3 who is a model teammate.

I agree that Gurley is the A1 back. I think Bell falls into the group just behind him that basically is him and Zeke. Other guys knock on the door of that for different reasons: David Johnson (but coming off injury and Arizona having such a bad offense hurts him), Kamara (not as great a straight up runner as some of the other guys, but dangerous out of the backfield catching the ball like almost no other), Melvin Gordon (right there with Gurley for ability to get to the end zone rushing the ball inside the 10 yard line, but misses a game here or there and a lot of that offense is still built off Rivers' arm getting big chunks), Barkely (His O line and Bad Eli hold him back, otherwise there talent wise), and Hunt (great running and catching, but also loses out on some numbers b/c of how great Kelce and Hill are at their positions as well).

Edit: If Conner shows he can do this another year, he might knock on the door as well. McCaffrey and Mixon are two other guys who are a step below them. Fournette and Cook might be higher if not for injury concerns as well.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zeke is in tier 1 of backs. He just has the most unimaginative staff known to man. Don’t forget that Gurley looked rather pedestrian pre-McVay.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, definitely a homer on this one but Zeke is still killing it even though defenses are ignoring their passing game and loading up the box all game

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I can't stand Zeke, but you guys are both correct. He is definitely a top tier RB.

As for Bell, I think he was a fool to turn down that contract. He would have been able to stay with the team that drafted him and get paid a ton. I am sure he will still get almost as much as he is asking for in FA though.