NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bell is fucking delusional if he thinks he is getting anywhere close to $45M guaranteed. His agent must be furious; he is losing so much money.

Regarding the Bears, everything is in play for them. That team is good enough to win the SB but also go out in round 1 due to the inconsistent Qb play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
bell won't get near that amount or at least not with the STEELERS. conner is providing a good 80% (or more) of Bell's production for a 15th of the price.

currently Conner is averaging 6 yds less a game running(80), 2 yds less a game receiving(41), and currently thru 10 games has the same amount of TD's as Bell had last year in 15 games

bell's BEST year averages wise- 2016- bell averaged 106yds a game rushing and 51 receiving...Conner is at a pace for 75%of the production...but again,,at 1/15th the price, Conner's Cap hit this year is 750 thousand.

bell last year was 12 MILLION.

so the question going Forward... Bell at 100% at at 5/85 with 45 mil guaranteed(say 26 million the next 2 years) or Conner at (looks up contract)1.77 million for the next 2 years-he is signed through 2020.
and using the money for OTHER quality players to improve the overall quality of the team.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Things a 20 year old Regime would not believe if you told him.

-Donald Trump would be President.

-Star Wars would get worse than Phantom Menace.

-He’d still be playing EQ

-People would be excited for a Rams vs Chiefs game.

• 9Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Same... but who knows maybe they’ll come out red hot because people are rightfully talking shit, and actually stop a few drives.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm not excited to watch our defense get shit on all night again tbh.
I think the Rams are the better team. I think they win.

Sounds like Alex Smiths break is not careee threatening. That's great news as I like Smith as well.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm just hoping Marcus Peters has been more hurt than let on, everyone assumed he'd be missing games when he got injured but he toughed it out. We need Talib back badly. Chiefs just have too many weapons to attack the Rams. If they focus on the ground game, Kelce, and keep going after Peters like everyone else does I'm not too confident we can keep the score down.

Maybe since it's his old team the good version of Peters shows up, who knows. AD is going to have to kill some people tonight.

Naxi Qayreon

Trakanon Raider
Bell not signing this year means the Steelers are credited his 14.5 million towards their salary cap. They now sit at ~18 million under the cap and can roll it over to next year per the rules. I don't really want Bell to return, but they have "extra" money to throw at him for the first year of the contract. I'd rather not tag him and let him walk. Once they tag him they can't receive compensatory picks if he leaves. My ideal scenario, which won't happen, is sign Bell and trade him for picks next year or year 2. The Steelers are looking at dark days ahead once Ben retires. Dobbs probably isn't a real solution, and the Steelers probably won't lose enough games to get a top 5 pick. They need to work on draft capital and use their extra money now to lock up some vets and pick up some D players.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My ideal scenario, which won't happen, is sign Bell and trade him for picks.

Yeah it won't happen because the contract they would have to offer to get him to sign would make him worthless as trade bait because no one would trade for him with that contract.

• 2Solidarity

Naxi Qayreon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it won't happen because the contract they would have to offer to get him to sign would make him worthless as trade bait because no one would trade for him with that contract.

Not necessarily. They can use the carried over cap space now and make the "guarantee" portion largly a signing bonus or 1st year frontloaded, use him for the first year while Ben is still around to make a solid push for a SB one last time, then trade him year 2 in contract or so.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
After the Chargers loss yesterday, I am significantly less worried about the outcome of this game effecting the Chiefs playoff position and look forward to watching a good game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Bell wants the majority of his contract guaranteed. He is more worried about that than total pay I think. I dont think teams are going to guarantee 40 million on a RB. I could be wrong though because the way he is acting makes me think he has an offer already. What ever team pays him though is going nowhere.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Should be a great game tonight - think KC will win, but have no dog in the fight. Hope it ends up 52-48 or something. Watching football this year through the prism of Jason Garrett-ball, I forget how much fun pro football can be when it's played at the level LA, KC, NO etc are playing at. Also really fucking sick of NE, and hope one of these explosive (mostly) young teams shows out and rips through the playoffs.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Bell wants the majority of his contract guaranteed. He is more worried about that than total pay I think. I dont think teams are going to guarantee 40 million on a RB. I could be wrong though because the way he is acting makes me think he has an offer already. What ever team pays him though is going nowhere.

You are correct! The Jets are going nowhere.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the ever loving fuck is that penalty? Defenseless receiver my fucking ass.

Chiefs fans should be livid