NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Kind of wish I had watched the game. A two point defensive conversion is something I haven't seen in some time and it was pretty momentous for the way the score was at the time.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Kind of wish I had watched the game. A two point defensive conversion is something I haven't seen in some time and it was pretty momentous for the way the score was at the time.
I had no idea that an interception on a 2 point play doesn't count as in interception on the QB's overall stats.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Well I asked that before the Saints barely won that game. I was imagining the Rams or the Saints going to Soldier field on a miserable January day with that defense waiting to kill. Alas, maybe another time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well I asked that before the Saints barely won that game. I was imagining the Rams or the Saints going to Soldier field on a miserable January day with that defense waiting to kill. Alas, maybe another time.

Could still happen to the Rams. Bears win out, Rams lose one of their final two games, Bears get the 2 seed and a bye. Rams would have to travel to Chicago if they won their first playoff game.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Saints still have to play the Panthers again. Tough to win both games in a year .

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
All the juggernaut teams: Rams, Saints, Cowboys, Patriots, Chiefs have been looking extremely beatable the last couple weeks.

Feels like any team that makes the playoffs has a legit shot

• 3Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fadaar

That guy
except whoever wins the AFC North

i apologize in advance for cursing us with another boring ass Ravens team winning it all

• 1Jonesing

Hosix

All labs matter!
Could still happen to the Rams. Bears win out, Rams lose one of their final two games, Bears get the 2 seed and a bye. Rams would have to travel to Chicago if they won their first playoff game.

I would love to see this. Not sure if it will happen. Doesn’t look like Chicago has had a rough winter so far this year. But that is bound to change and a game in January could have a high of 0.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol @ Cowboys being a juggernaut team.

Ambi might be one of the very finest trolls of our time, people dont talk about this enough. He deserves recognition for his efforts.

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
On the bright side though...last night was in Carolina. 2nd game will be in the dome down in NO.

That is of course a huge benefit for the Saints and I fully expect them to win but I won't be shocked if they don't.

Fadaar

That guy
Don't forget if the Saints win this coming weekend they have #1 seed locked up, so they might have nothing to play for anyway

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The biggest problem affecting the Saints right now is injuries on the offensive line, which has played a role in their lackluster production the last few weeks. That and way too many dropped passes.

Fortunately, all should make it back for this week’s game against the Steelers. Win that and they lock up the top seed and can rest starters the next two weeks.

On the flip side, everyone talks about the Bears having the best defense in the league. I’m not sure the Saints defense isn’t playing as good or better.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
On the flip side, everyone talks about the Bears having the best defense in the league. I’m not sure the Saints defense isn’t playing as good or better.

There are of course a number od metrics that you can look at to name a number 1 defense. The %of opponents drives that ends in a score might be the most important metric.

With this metric Bears are 1st and Ravens are 2nd. Saints are 6th. Bears and Ravens are the only teams that the opponent has a less than 30% chance to score.

Bears are also first in defensive turn overs by about 5%.

2018 NFL Opposition & Defensive Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Being ranked #1 wasn't my point. As you said, everyone's definition of that will vary anyway.

My comments were more to the point that for all the people hyping the teams with great defenses that can dominate a game, none of them seem to be including the Saints. And the last 10 weeks of the season suggest they should be.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Being ranked #1 wasn't my point. As you said, everyone's definition of that will vary anyway.

My comments were more to the point that for all the people hyping the teams with great defenses that can dominate a game, none of them seem to be including the Saints. And the last 10 weeks of the season suggest they should be.

You're exactly right that their D should be talked about more...just not in #1 ranked discussions because they aren't quite that. The Saints are the best team in football right now and that's being widely reported as a fact. I'm sure more articles praising their defensive prowess will appear week 1 of the playoffs.

They are far better but that team will win off Brees and their offense.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
People have been saying the Saints are the best team in the NFL for weeks, not sure what more you want. Their defense has played great but no one talks about #5-10.

Saints are best in the NFC and Chargers are best in the AFC in my opinion.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cowboys are the best team in the league, wtf are you guys talking about.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users