NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just a reminder that the historical 49’ers D is not 1st in any defensive metric this year. Such a historical collection of talent.
How about the metric of most pumped up DC ever!?! Watching him get excited every time his defense made a stop was pretty cool.

In all seriousness though, no they aren't at historic levels currently. But they are playing far above what anyone expected.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
One thing pissing me off today is that sports center keeps showing the td they took away from the Cowboys and just says it was because whatshisname ran a pick. Motherfucker you know good and we'll that was a shitty call you could take another second and clarify it shouldn't have been called.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I am seriously concerned about Jimmy G and if a game comes down to his shoulders, I have no faith he will pull it off.

I thought Garoppolo played well yesterday. The INT in the end zone was horrible but there was only one other throw that I was like WTF on but when I saw the replay if the receiver wouldn't have changed direction he it would have been a touchdown. That one scrambling pass he made was some Russell Wilson shit. Balls do sail on him sometimes and sometimes his improvisation turns really bad, but I think it's clear that he's accurate and sees the field which are things that people don't seem to improve so I think he has the tools and he should continue to get better.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Deshaun Watson is in the discussion for best NFL QB now. Looked at my 1st Texans game this year...has he always been this good?

He's always been a sleeper imo but something's different this season. Dunno if it's because the Texans are protecting him better or got him more weapons to work with or what but he's definitely playing at a different level.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He has players around him now. All those wacky trades they did are paying off.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It looked like they must have been setting up for a Hail Mary or something. Titans center snapped the ball and there was nobody over him, he sorta stood there, and as a defensive lineman started to go past him he sort of half assed reached for him but didn't make any real attempt to block him. That defender ended up getting to the QB

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
He's always been a sleeper imo but something's different this season. Dunno if it's because the Texans are protecting him better or got him more weapons to work with or what but he's definitely playing at a different level.
Also, Deshaun is getting rid of the ball quicker, stepping up in the pocket better when the line is collapsing, and checking down a lot more.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Texans actually committing to the run, even with just Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson, has helped them out. They knew they could wear down the Chiefs terrible run D and keep their O off the field with their D fresh. Watson has always been a big play guy, but he seems to be doing better in the red zone this year, too. Doesn't always need to be the 50 yard bomb to D Hop or Fuller.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
49ers are absolutely legit, especially that defense.

I am seriously concerned about Jimmy G and if a game comes down to his shoulders, I have no faith he will pull it off.

49ers exceeding my expectations this year.

The thing to keep in mind with Jimmy G is that people expect him to be Tom Brady. Dude has only started 15 games - that isn't even a full NFL season. Granted, I don't think he's the second coming of Joe Montana or anything, but people(49er fans especially)need to temper their expectations a little bit. He was also down his starting FB and 2 OGs.

49ers will be fine. Their defense is legit and when Juszczyk plus their starting OGs are in the lineup, that run game is solid - probably even top 5. This team reminds me a lot of the 2011 49ers. An amazing defense, with an extremely solid run game that has a slightly above average "game manager" as their QB.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Bills gonna be 5-1 next week. Currently 16.5 point favorite over the fish. Yet still not in the conversation for being an AFC threat...

wash off you bias pals!

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Texans traded for one of the best left tackles in the league this off season. That is the side Watson was getting killed on last year. That's what the big improvement is.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Bills gonna be 5-1 next week. Currently 16.5 point favorite over the fish. Yet still not in the conversation for being an AFC threat...

wash off you bias pals!

They don’t have an offense. They lost at home to the Patriots, the path to the Super Bowl goes through Foxboro. What exactly are they a threat for?