NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So old man rivers is too senile to realize he was still well within the tackle box and your kicker doinks it.

If you're a Chargers fan, it's time to either turn it off for the season or give in to the urge to be a two-teamer.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's incredible how much the Chargers & Cowboys mirror each other. It's incredible how two very talented teams, can have such a low, collective football IQ.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I think we can all agree, the refs need to get their fucking shit together. One guy calls that a TD, other calls it out but they review "because it's a scoring play'. If he was initially ruled out, how is it now a scoring play. I was getting pissed when the refs would throw a flag, huddle up and decide to not call a penalty against Houston in the first half of the game. Absolutely infuriating.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think we can all agree, the refs need to get their fucking shit together. One guy calls that a TD, other calls it out but they review "because it's a scoring play'. If he was initially ruled out, how is it now a scoring play. I was getting pissed when the refs would throw a flag, huddle up and decide to not call a penalty against Houston in the first half of the game. Absolutely infuriating.
I'm a life long Steelers fan, that was a touchdown. The first guy fucked up.

I hope Bush isn't hurt for real. Ever since he went off the field for a couple plays he has been missing tackles left and right.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Started Goff and Everett...left Cousins and Henry on the bench. Well at least for the Chargers Henry looks like he'll be full go for their offense rest of the way (until he gets hurt again)

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Started Goff and Everett...left Cousins and Henry on the bench. Well at least for the Chargers Henry looks like he'll be full go for their offense rest of the way (until he gets hurt again)
Which will be leaving the stadium tonight.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've never played FF but I don't know why anyone would have benched Cousins after last week, and you're not the only person I've seen say they benched him.

Merrith

I've never played FF but I don't know why anyone would have benched Cousins after last week, and you're not the only person I've seen say they benched him.

Last week was against the Giants. I'm sure there were plenty of us who knew he'd do well against them (like everyone does). Pretty sure Winston had like 3 or 4 TD's and 300-400 yards against the Giants. Honestly I liked the Eagles match up for him, b/c Eagles are strong against the run but their secondary could be suspect...but I just wasn't sure if their pass rush would both him too much. Also I got it in my head that without Gurley Rams would have to throw it a ton with Goff and I didn't realize the 49ers would shut them down that badly.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Last week was against the Giants. I'm sure there were plenty of us who knew he'd do well against them (like everyone does). Pretty sure Winston had like 3 or 4 TD's and 300-400 yards against the Giants. Honestly I liked the Eagles match up for him, b/c Eagles are strong against the run but their secondary could be suspect...but I just wasn't sure if their pass rush would both him too much. Also I got it in my head that without Gurley Rams would have to throw it a ton with Goff and I didn't realize the 49ers would shut them down that badly.

Well that's logical at least. With the way Cousins performed last week, I'd keep him in no matter the matchup until he reverts back to the Cousins we're familiar with. Dude is out to prove that he deserves that contract and legit seems like he's giving 110%.

Merrith

Well that's logical at least. With the way Cousins performed last week, I'd keep him in no matter the matchup until he reverts back to the Cousins we're familiar with. Dude is out to prove that he deserves that contract and legit seems like he's giving 110%.

Honestly after the blow up shit with Thielen and Diggs and other comments about him...I thought they might end up imploding but figured Giants match up at least would be a mirage over bad stuff for a week. Eagles I viewed as favorable, too, that's why originally when I saw Goff had the Niners I was like F this, and was weighing whether to grab Cousins or Kyle Allen for their match ups. I even picked cousins up, I was just an idiot and tried to Galaxy Brain a high scoring game between Niners/Rams (especially starting Everett, looking for stack with Goff). I'm still not convinced "good" Cousins will stick around save for favorable match ups, and it really was Diggs that killed the Eagles today.

Can't bitch as much about not starting Hunter Henry, he was listed as questionable even as 1pm games kicked off, and Chargers were I assume blowing smoke up everyone's ass that he would be really limited and worked in slow. 8 catches for 100 and 2 TD's later, I call bs...but is what it is. Keenan Allen needs him and Williams to be the threats they were tonight for that offense to be a threat against everyone.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
49ers defense looking historical.

Their D line is ferocious. Ford, Buck, Armstead, Thomas, Blair III, Bosa .....ton of 1st rounders, playing well together. They create so much pressure its causing opposing QBs to just wilt.

They might win by 40 next week facing the Redskins.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Just a reminder that the historical 49’ers D is not 1st in any defensive metric this year. Such a historical collection of talent.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
49ers defense looking historical.

Their D line is ferocious. Ford, Buck, Armstead, Thomas, Blair III, Bosa .....ton of 1st rounders, playing well together. They create so much pressure its causing opposing QBs to just wilt.

They might win by 40 next week facing the Redskins.

They are good man. Not even close to historical.

Few takeaways this weekend.

AFC is a damn mess. Outside of the Pats who really stands out. And I question that a very tiny bit with that O-Line of the Pats. Ravens are in just as bad a division as the Pats this year, and still have two losses. Chiefs and the Texans also have two losses. AFC championship thru Foxboro again.

San Fran is the best NFC team. Hate to admit it... Jozu Jozu must be looking at old "The Catch" footage on the toilet 24/7.

Seattle better build a statue of Russell Wilson when his time comes.

Deshaun Watson is in the discussion for best NFL QB now. Looked at my 1st Texans game this year...has he always been this good?

Jameis Winston needs to be benched. I know I'm stating the obvious. You can't be worse with your backup. This dude is mentally unfit to play QB. He can't read defenses at the line. I don't think he's even trying at this point. Playing playground ball.

Dolphins. They went for two to "win". Yeah right. They knew there was no fuckin way they would execute that. Tank for Tua is still on baby!

Philip Rivers may go down as the biggest waste of talent ever. Like Dan Marino levels here.

Lastly. All you Cowgirl fans.

giphy.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
That's it. I'm going to Dallas next week to fix the Cowboys. Yelling through my TV just ain't cutting it.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah then murray fucks up the first down run...but the refs give it to him anyway.

god all the refs are trash

I agree kind of, but the problem seems to be that the refs are too good. They see EVERYTHING little infraction. There was a long stretch during the cowboys / jets where every play was a flag. And a lot of the replays didn't show anything that bad. And sometimes if they blow a call, the next play will be a flag just to make up for the last fucked up call. Getting really tired of it all. Just let them play.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users