NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the Goff contract is pretty absurd but he's good when he has the pieces in place. Not having a real run game and health issues have been a huge issue for them.

So you're saying wasting your money on RBs and average at best QBs hinders your ability to field the parts that a good team needs. Seems like I remember seeing this a few times this past decade........Hello Dallas! Here's hoping....

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
There is no way the Ramsey trade makes sense for the Rams. Keep in mind, they still have to pay the guy next year.

...Unless they are secretly in Win Now mode. This team is going to be highly boom or bust for the next half decade in a division with two other teams that shouldn't be going anywhere.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
During the next CBA the players union needs to form solidarity with the officials.

Officials need to be full time year round NFL employees.

Pretty sure the officials themselves are the reason they're not full time already. What you say would be the players union directly opposing the officials. I'm not saying I'm against it, you just seem to be confused on why we are where we are.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is no way the Ramsey trade makes sense for the Rams. Keep in mind, they still have to pay the guy next year.

...Unless they are secretly in Win Now mode. This team is going to be highly boom or bust for the next half decade in a division with two other teams that shouldn't be going anywhere.

How is trading for Ramsey a win now move though? They're pissing away their future trying to patch the wrong leak.

This trade honest to god seems like someone is intentionally trying to sabotage the franchise.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Assuming the aren't going to give Ramsey some record contract till next season or not at all, they do get him till the end of 2020 with just the draft picks and his rookie pay

As for why, Talib has fractured ribs so who knows what is going on there.

Sterling

El Presidente
So you're saying wasting your money on RBs and average at best QBs hinders your ability to field the parts that a good team needs. Seems like I remember seeing this a few times this past decade........Hello Dallas! Here's hoping....
Well that's true in the longer term, I'm saying right now it's not just Gurley. It's a bunch of key injuries as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I forgot Talib was hurt too. Which I suppose moves the trade from 'sabotage' to just 'profoundly retarded'.

Many different problems but you break the bank trying to shore up the secondary, probably the lowest priority of your many problems?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow Rams are retarded.

TWO first round picks the next 2 years? AND A 4TH??? Even with the Peter's trade, they gave up a TON of draft capital just to have to pay a guy a ton of money to play a position you didnt need to address.

I understand the win now mindset, with Donald in his prime, the money Goff is getting, AND Gurley. But if Ramsey gets hurt or falls off they are fucked.

What's insane is the Rams havent had a first round draft pick since taking Goff 1st overall in 2016. They wont have another until 2022....that's 6 fucking years without a 1st round draft pick.

That's incredible.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Look at the post above you :)

Sorry, but I don't get this move by the Rams. I think Ramsey is a generational talent, probably best CB in the league. But the Rams have multiple holes to fill still, and paying that much draft capital for a guy that needs a gigantic contract, just doesn't make sense for the position they are in.

Yeah you posted it a second or two before me, probably almost instaneously

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
JAX trades Jalen Ramsey to LAR
Rams get: CB Jalen Ramsey
Jaguars get: 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick, 2021 fourth-round pick
Rams grade: C
Jaguars grade: C+

It's one 1st next year and one 1st 2021. That tweet was worded poorly.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Wow Rams are retarded.

TWO first round picks the next 2 years? AND A 4TH??? Even with the Peter's trade, they gave up a TON of draft capital just to have to pay a guy a ton of money to play a position you didnt need to address.

I understand the win now mindset, with Donald in his prime, the money Goff is getting, AND Gurley. But if Ramsey gets hurt or falls off they are fucked.

What's insane is the Rams havent had a first round draft pick since taking Goff 1st overall in 2016. They wont have another until 2022....that's 6 fucking years without a 1st round draft pick.

That's incredible.

holy shit that is fucked. They better backload picks in rounds 2 through 7.

They have big contracts with Donald, Goff and Gurley. How they gonna pay Ramsey?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
JAX trades Jalen Ramsey to LAR
Rams get: CB Jalen Ramsey
Jaguars get: 2020 first-round pick, 2021 first-round pick, 2021 fourth-round pick
Rams grade: C
Jaguars grade: C+

It's one 1st next year and one 1st 2021. That tweet was worded poorly.

I'd give the Jags an A. Two 1st rounders is huge. They are 2-4. May as well stack picks.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I'd give the Jags an A. Two 1st rounders is huge. They are 2-4. May as well stack picks.
Those picks will be 25-30. So yes, technically 1st round picks, but it's not like they traded with the Redskins or Miami....

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Those picks will be 25-30. So yes, technically 1st round picks, but it's not like they traded with the Redskins or Miami....

Not necessarily. The Rams are 3-3 now, Gurley is always on the verge of being injured, and their offense is doing nothing. Perfect time to trade away the future on a cornerback.

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
you know it's funny, the patriots are 6-0 and i think they are the worst 6-0 team ever.

i LOVE the patriots, but they have not been tested on defense once yet this year. Looking at the upcoming schedule for both the patriots AND the bills;
it is conceivable that the BILLS could finish with a better record in the regular season than the Patriots, if the patriots offense does not kick it up a notch. The way they have been playing this year, i think they will probably lose 3-4 games. the bills with how THEY have played.....could win 13 or 14 games(if it all pans out for them, the more realistic take is 11-12 wins)

the "good" teams the pats play for the rest of the season
cowboys ravens eagles chiefs texans bills

the "good" teams the Bills play for the rest of the season
Patriots, cowboys ravens eagles

lets say the pats lose 3 or 4 of those games...- say eagles or texans ravens and chiefs

it is entirely possible that the Bills could finished 14-2 or 13-3 and win the division-yet LOSE to the patriots Twice.

the injuries on offense for the patriots this year have been difficult.
center - out for year
tackle Winn - IR might come back
2x Fullbacks- both on IR Devlin might come back if winn or harry do not.
WR- harry- IR, but back practicing might be one of the 2 eligible to come off IR- can come back vs Ravens
wr- gordon - banged up
wr- edelman- banged up
wr dorset - banged up- has not played in 2 weeks

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Hahaha you fucker. We all know there is no hope...only despair!
Philip Rivers.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users