NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Hosix

All labs matter!
Collinsworth is gay for A-Rog....change my mind. He slurps him left and right.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Debating if I want to turn this off or not. If i do and KC some how wins I'll be pissed. If I don't and the Packers win I'll be pissed.

KC just scored so going to stick with it.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Same reason none of them could catch a damn pass in the playoffs to save their lives. They were not playing as well.

Not totally buying it. He had Hunt in his crazy rookie year, too. Smith just wasn't dynamic enough as a passer.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Not totally buying it. He had Hunt in his crazy rookie year, too. Smith just wasn't dynamic enough as a passer.
Go back and watch that last playoff game he played with them. Smith was the only reason they were even in it. I don't give a shit if you buy it or not.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
KC kept it way more competitive than I expected but the out come was the same. Credit to Reed and the offenses talent.

Merrith

Go back and watch that last playoff game he played with them. Smith was the only reason they were even in it. I don't give a shit if you buy it or not.

That one game doesn't make up for Mahomes putting up twice the TD's and crazy stats with basically the exact same team minus 5 games of Hunt from his suspension that Smith had the year before. Kelce and Hill were beasts already.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
That one game doesn't make up for Mahomes putting up twice the TD's and crazy stats with basically the exact same team minus 5 games of Hunt from his suspension that Smith had the year before. Kelce and Hill were beasts already.

Well if your just looking for a direct comparison then yes Smith was not as Dynamic as the possibly most gifted QB to ever play the game. What a hot take sir. Try not to set anything on fire with that heat.

• 1Worf
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Turned into a better game than I thought it would be.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Well if your just looking for a direct comparison then yes Smith was not as Dynamic as the possibly most gifted QB to ever play the game. What a hot take sir. Try not to set anything on fire with that heat.

Or potentially even a backup who can sling it even a little bit like Matt Moore...which was the original comment and comparison. Him of 3 TD passes in 6 quarters with this offense. You were just making it sound like that group of skill position guys were holding Smith back, while they all still were very good players 2 years ago, too. The Mahomes comparison is just nuts b/c he virtually doubled Smith's TD number one year later, without Hunt for the final 5 games.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Or potentially even a backup who can sling it even a little bit like Matt Moore...which was the original comment and comparison. Him of 3 TD passes in 6 quarters with this offense. You were just making it sound like that group of skill position guys were holding Smith back, while they all still were very good players 2 years ago, too. The Mahomes comparison is just nuts b/c he virtually doubled Smith's TD number one year later, without Hunt for the final 5 games.
That was 2 years ago. The teams were nothing a like. Different OC. Almost a completely different Oline, different recievers...etc.

Merrith

That was 2 years ago. The teams were nothing a like. Different OC. Almost a completely different Oline, different recievers...etc.

Their top targets haven't changed in Hill and Kelce. Demarcus Robinson has been there since 2017 as well. They had Albert Wilson in 2017, added Sammy Watkins in 2018...then lost Conley this past offseason and added Hardman this year. The usage and production frankly for the tertiary and below receivers is about the same, roughly (even though you'd expect Watkins by name value to have done a little more than he really has there).

Not sure I'd say entirely different O line. Both starting tackles are still the same, as is the right guard. Starting center was there last year, too. Reid has called the plays the majority of the time there. This isn't me trying to hate on Alex Smith, I was just surprised when I looked back at his old numbers expecting to have seen some bigger years at some point given where he had been (while he was 6-4 as a starter last year for us, his overall numbers weren't great and seemed like we needed the running game and defense to perform very well to win).