NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
That one game doesn't make up for Mahomes putting up twice the TD's and crazy stats with basically the exact same team minus 5 games of Hunt from his suspension that Smith had the year before. Kelce and Hill were beasts already.

They fed a shitload of TDs to Mahomes for the sole purpose of boosting his numbers, of course they were going to be high. 1st and goal on the 1? Quick dump/pitch instead of handoff every single time so that it would count as a passing TD for him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They fed a shitload of TDs to Mahomes for the sole purpose of boosting his numbers, of course they were going to be high. 1st and goal on the 1? Quick dump/pitch instead of handoff every single time so that it would count as a passing TD for him.

Yeah you can see a couple of those from week 1 last year right away. I didn't watch the rest of the video but I'm assuming there's a whole bunch more like that.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I wake up to find the Chargers got saved by a doink and the rest of the AFC West lost.

Don't give me hope, I can't take this.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Their top targets haven't changed in Hill and Kelce. Demarcus Robinson has been there since 2017 as well. They had Albert Wilson in 2017, added Sammy Watkins in 2018...then lost Conley this past offseason and added Hardman this year. The usage and production frankly for the tertiary and below receivers is about the same, roughly (even though you'd expect Watkins by name value to have done a little more than he really has there).

Not sure I'd say entirely different O line. Both starting tackles are still the same, as is the right guard. Starting center was there last year, too. Reid has called the plays the majority of the time there. This isn't me trying to hate on Alex Smith, I was just surprised when I looked back at his old numbers expecting to have seen some bigger years at some point given where he had been (while he was 6-4 as a starter last year for us, his overall numbers weren't great and seemed like we needed the running game and defense to perform very well to win).
Smith was not there last year. Last year is irrelevant.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Great point. You can obviously do more with Mahomes than Smith.

Lots of stuff changed though. OC changed since then. Players gain experience. The other teams change. Alex Smith was always a game manager and Moore is a gunslinger. One game is the worst type of comparison but no team has pushed for Moore to be a 16 game starter in the past decade and Smith only lost the opportunity after that horrible injury.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
I wake up to find the Chargers got saved by a doink and the rest of the AFC West lost.

Don't give me hope, I can't take this.

Big Mitch and Nagy did all they could. Kicker had to save the bears from getting a win.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Big Mitch and Nagy did all they could. Kicker had to save the bears from getting a win.

Must have been a crazy thing for Charger fans, realizing what the other side usually has it like.

• 1Worf

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I bet Cam Newton is happy he didn't make his comeback this week. The 9ers did him a big favor by fucking Kyle Allen up the ass the way they did.

Huge days for Tevin Coleman and Nick Bosa.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I bet Cam Newton is happy he didn't make his comeback this week. The 9ers did him a big favor by fucking Kyle Allen up the ass the way they did.

Huge days for Tevin Coleman and Nick Bosa.
Yeah they probably got Newton his job back.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Maybe. Allen is still what, 5-1? And I can't imagine anyone thinks Cam would have done much better against that HISTORIC defense.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious why anyone thinks Cam isn't the starter if he is healthy.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I'm curious why anyone thinks Cam isn't the starter if he is healthy.
Cam had not played well in a long time. Now you can blame the injuries and I'll buy that but if he was so injured it affectes his game that much why was he playing? Allen had games with a ton more accuracy and QBR than Newton has had recently.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I need the Dolphins to keep being themselves tonight. Up by 16 points on the dot and my opponent has Preston Williams.

• 1Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Bengals have to be intentionally tanking right? I just don't believe they are legitimately this bad. It's a goddamn comedy.

I live in Cincy and I wish I could say this was intentional. We won't even entertain any trade offers for our best players. So if we are tanking on purpose we and not doing a great job of it. Although that wouldn't surprise me either. I am afraid what you are seeing is an honest effort to win football games by a team that is run by an owner who is so thoroughly out of touch with modern football his city wants the team to leave.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I live in Cincy and I wish I could say this was intentional. We won't even entertain any trade offers for our best players. So if we are tanking on purpose we and not doing a great job of it. Although that wouldn't surprise me either. I am afraid what you are seeing is an honest effort to win football games by a team that is run by an owner who is so thoroughly out of touch with modern football his city wants the team to leave.

Naw man it's the long-term plan. Gonna re-sign Dunlap, Green, and Atkins and hit 100% on all of our draft picks. Contenders next year for sure!

Gonna become that local team fan and dig the Niners the rest of the year I guess.

Merrith

I need the Dolphins to keep being themselves tonight. Up by 16 points on the dot and my opponent has Preston Williams.

I'm down 32 but I have Conner tonight. Normally I'd say super miracle...but this match up actually just feels slightly under miracle level and more a "hope Conner gets any and all early TD's and the Dolphins actually score some so game flow doesn't screw any chance"