NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
49ers 1st team since 1977 to hold 4 consecutive teams to less than 100 net yards passing.

First half of season is in the books, and they still havent fell off like some have predicted. Scoring 50 is kind of surprising though, almost too good to be true. After they thrash the Cards I think they get handled by Seattle.

Seahawks-49ers game is, by far, going to be the most significant game of the year to date. Not to take it for granted, but assuming both teams handle their business in Week 9 that game will be 7-2 Seahawks vs. 8-0 49ers. SF wins that game and they go to 9-0, up 3 on both 'Hawks and Rams with 1 up in head to head on both. But if Seattle wins they go into their bye only 1 game back of SF with head to head in hand.

49ers have got a very tough schedule the rest of the way (Seattle also, to be fair): Seahawksx2, Rams, Packers, Saints, Ravens combined 36-11. Saints and Packers both probably win at least 13 games given their schedules (bottom half of league in SoS). If the Niners handle business against Falcons and Cardinalsx2 they probably need to go (at worst) split with Seahawks, beat either Packers or Saints, and win one of the other games to get to 13-3 and get a bye.

I also think there is a pretty realistic chance an 11 win team doesn't make the playoffs this year in the NFC (Looking at Rams and Vikings), which my research tells me has only happened once before in the modern Divisional era (2008 Patriots).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure you can just overlook the Cardinals. They are a shit show but Murray seems to have some talent and they seem to be somewhat getting their shit together. Plus they are a divisional rival.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
As a Seahawks fan I see in our future an 0 - 2 against the Niners. Our D is pretty soft right now and we have a banged up OLine which has never been our strong suit. Combine that with SF's monster D(especially the Dline) thats a bad combo for us. But division rivals and Russ is fucking magic so we have a shot imo just not a good one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
FYI Bucs going to beat the Seahawks this weekend. They'll go 5-11 on the season with the other two being the Falcons.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FYI Bucs going to beat the Seahawks this weekend. They'll go 5-11 on the season with the other two being the Falcons.

Know damn well Winston will turn the ball over just enough for them not to win...but still put up a decent fantasy day (hopefully)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
As a Seahawks fan I see in our future an 0 - 2 against the Niners. Our D is pretty soft right now and we have a banged up OLine which has never been our strong suit. Combine that with SF's monster D(especially the Dline) thats a bad combo for us. But division rivals and Russ is fucking magic so we have a shot imo just not a good one.
I think the 49ers matchup really well against the Seahawks right now. The 49ers defense is just feasting on teams that have OLine problems, and the Seahawks OLine is not good.

All that being said, I am traumatized by being beaten by the Seahawks the last several years. It doesn't seem to matter how bad the Seahawks OLine is, Wilson continues to make miracles happen. I just never get a good feeling when the 49ers play the Seahawks anymore, and I really hope the 49ers can take both games this year.

49ers really can't look past the Cardinals this week though. They looked competent against the Saints for a good stretch of the game there. Couple that with the 49ers still missing their starting tackles and FB, and now Breida and Mostert are banged up. It's a short week for the 49ers and they are on the road. This is no gimme win.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider

You can't give Russ extra chances and you know Winston is going to. We can't look past you but I feel like the Hawks win.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
John Elway has never proven anything in Denver as GM, and I don't understand why he still gets so much credit. He lucked into getting Manning which led to a historic offense and getting crushed in the Super Bowl, and then got a year of fantastic defense to get a Super Bowl victory. They had a ton of talent that he never properly built around, and then continued to take fliers on terrible QB's that never panned out.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Cornerback Mike Hughes was a passenger in the car and the police report said he was throwing up outside the vehicle “due to his level of intoxication.” Zimmer referenced both players in a response that made his displeasure with the incident quite obvious.

Somehow didn't see anything about this till this morning. Fucking idiots. Here's hoping the charges will actually lead to serious consequences.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
John Elway has never proven anything in Denver as GM, and I don't understand why he still gets so much credit. He lucked into getting Manning which led to a historic offense and getting crushed in the Super Bowl, and then got a year of fantastic defense to get a Super Bowl victory. They had a ton of talent that he never properly built around, and then continued to take fliers on terrible QB's that never panned out.

Sure you can make anyone sound terrible if you're just going to discount their Super Bowl appearances.

He built a historic offense that took them to a Super Bowl and then 2 years later had built them to a top level defense that won it all.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah that was a good run, but it's been pretty bad since then. Not saying he's trash or that they could easily replace him and do better, but it's not exactly a difficult feat of talent evaluation to know that Manning would be an upgrade to Tebow.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Sure you can make anyone sound terrible if you're just going to discount their Super Bowl appearances.

He built a historic offense that took them to a Super Bowl and then 2 years later had built them to a top level defense that won it all.
And Jerry Jones won 3 Super Bowls.... TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO....

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
And Jerry Jones won 3 Super Bowls.... TWENTY FIVE YEARS AGO....
Jerry didn't build those teams though. The fact he has not replicated anything close to that success since then says it all.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Jerry didn't build those teams though. The fact he has not replicated anything close to that success since then says it all.
In 25 years, if the Broncos haven't won anything significant since then, we'll all just say it was John Fox also.

• 1Barf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

I'm actually not trying to discount their Super Bowl appearances. I think he more lucked into those positions than put the Broncos into those positions. I mean, Peyton Manning had the choice of playing for Elway in Denver, or dealing with Harbaugh in San Francisco. I doubt that Elway had to make a very hard pitch to Manning there.

Is it possible I am under estimating the hand he had in creating both that historic offense, and monster defense? Absolutely. It just seems that from those great core teams, you could have managed to continue to build around it. And it seems he is failing to be able to come anywhere near doing that now.

• 1Picard