NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Jerry didn't build those teams though. The fact he has not replicated anything close to that success since then says it all.

Which is kind of the same argument you can make for Elway with Manning. He's had zero success without Manning playing. He has drafted poorly every year since he joined the franchise and he's had some high picks. He's done ok with other people's draft picks but without a top flight HOF QB, he's been terrible. I give him credit for convincing Manning to help craft 4 of the best years of Denver football ever...but I also give him credit for being terrible at building the team through the draft.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Outside of getting Manning, his QB picks have seemed like self sabotage. Then this year going out to get Flacco? Dude is fucking loony tunes.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
In 25 years, if the Broncos haven't won anything significant since then, we'll all just say it was John Fox also.
You can say what ever you want but John Fox was not building those teams which is why he got tossed.

I too think Elway has been terrible at finding talent.

Rude

Potato del Grande
John Elway fucking sucks. If he didn't manage to snag Manning he probably wouldn't even have his job still. Can't draft for shit, trade for shit, hire for shit. Dude can't do anything without being carried - hey just like he was as a player!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm actually not trying to discount their Super Bowl appearances. I think he more lucked into those positions than put the Broncos into those positions. I mean, Peyton Manning had the choice of playing for Elway in Denver, or dealing with Harbaugh in San Francisco. I doubt that Elway had to make a very hard pitch to Manning there.

Is it possible I am under estimating the hand he had in creating both that historic offense, and monster defense? Absolutely. It just seems that from those great core teams, you could have managed to continue to build around it. And it seems he is failing to be able to come anywhere near doing that now.

I mean he built the #1 offense in NFL history, then 2 years later had the #1 rated defense. That's pretty impressive, even if his run took some luck to get Manning and his QB evaluations have been shit outside of him.

Even if you hand wave the Manning signing as just blind luck, not sure how you do the same with the defense.

He's no Belichick, but saying he's proven "nothing" is a bit of a stretch

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Dude can't do anything without being carried - hey just like he was as a player!

As a player Elway's superbowl losses were actually more impressive than his wins. The years he won it was thanks to Terrell Davis but those years he lost were all him. Sure he lost the games, actually got humiliated in one of them, but those teams had no business being in the superbowl and wouldn't have gotten close to it if not for Elway.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Seems like he is pretty salty at the Redskins and could be pulling a Ramsay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Overall pretty terrible start for the 49ers. Really hope they didn't overlook these guys

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like he is pretty salty at the Redskins and could be pulling a Ramsay.

If his version of the events is correct, I'd be pissed as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users