NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that left cut was wide open on that punt return. He had absolutely lights out coverage in special teams. Thanks for blowing that. FYI. :)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still think Cowboys played it right running the ball at least once to get the clock under a minute. Both teams had all 3 timeouts getting down to the end of that drive so you should run it down some. Zeke losing the 3 yards on 3rd and 2 for 4th and 5 was killer. Still you'd expect they could have drawn up something better.

Still a good game from both teams, overall.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Something HAS to be done with officiating. They got two player calls wrong. Helmet to helmet on 41 missed. Shit call on illegal hands to the face on Hughes. He touched his shoulder. Fucking kidding me? Gave it up anyway but still a shit call. Holding on Harrison when that was NOT a hold and then blatant pass interference by Harrison in the end zone not called because the refs knew they fucked up and payback. What the hell happened to officiating across the league? Love the 26% less injury stat on kickoffs when you draw up the line so you have 59% less kick off returns. Lol give me a break. Math.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh and since I don’t work tomorrow and am half in the bag and my BS packer neighbor didn’t bring over beer after I ran out because he was going to bed, forcing me to drink black box wine, love the bullshit call out to the idiot that designed the new helmets that everyone fucking hates.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Define contender. In this year's terrible AFC, two teams out of the Bills Colts Steelers Raiders Chargers have to get wildcards, and I can see the Bills beating the Texans or maaaaybe the Chiefs on wildcard weekend in the early Saturday game.
Beating the Patriots or Ravens doesn't seem realistic.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Saints Falcons was a combo of Saints o-line not showing up and every momentum first down penalty going to Atl

Credit their DL though, they showed up

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saints Falcons was a combo of Saints o-line not showing up and every momentum first down penalty going to Atl

Credit their DL though, they showed up
Saint's always have one or two games a year where the offense as a whole just shits the bed, hurts more when it's against Atlanta.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is insane is these outliers like Saints loss to Falcons.

You have to attribute that to simply a poor game by the Saints. I dont think anyone truly thinks the Saints are worse than Atlanta in any way, or they are now on a downward trajectory. It was just a bad game.

So not only do you have the overall parity, but you have circumstance, such as injury, weather, home or away and performance. Your teams entire season can come to a screeching halt because of a bad game, no matter how well the roster or coach is or how many games they won.

If the Saints gave up 6 sacks to the worse pass rush in football....they are going to get CRUSHED by San Francisco.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saints just need to get back to their bread and butter of feeding Thomas and Kamara. Payton gets a little too cute for his own good when they're wasting too many plays throwing 3 yard outs to Taysom Hill and running double reverses where Ginn runs out of bounds for a 2 yard gain. Using Murray in some spots is good, but he reminds me of a back who really benefits from 20+ carries to wear down a D, something that he just won't get with Kamara healthy. Be smarter to sneak him out for some screens since D won't be looking at him to be used on those as much.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think Brees is in decline and Peyton knows this and has for a long time. I think that's why Bridgewater is there in the first place, to audition for the replacement role. Bridgewater more or less proved that Brees is not essential to their success. But yeah the brainfart is real for the Aints, though it normally only happens on the road. Were I a New Orleans fan I would be more concerned about the fact that that dumpster fire happened at home, especially against a team they are normally massively motivated to beat.

The Cowpokes are another story. Jason Garret is spinning his wheels, but no one in their right mind will willingly take his place while Jerry is still drawing breath. At least they won't overpay Dak come next year. Vikings should have been an easy win for them, with the matchups, but they could not get out of their own way last night.

Packers looked ok, but I know deep down we will win one playoff game and then get blown out by a real team while on the road. That Chargers loss and our defensive woes pretty much highlight that fact pretty well.

I guess this means the Niners are the real deal this year. But I don't think I buy Jimmy G winning against Darth Bill when he has time to prepare and inside knowledge of the man. We are in for another 10 to 7 barn burner superbowl I think.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not pretenders, but not contenders either. We are just back to our usual routine of win the division and then fizzle in the playoffs.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think Brees is in decline and Peyton knows this and has for a long time. I think that's why Bridgewater is there in the first place, to audition for the replacement role. Bridgewater more or less proved that Brees is not essential to their success. But yeah the brainfart is real for the Aints, though it normally only happens on the road. Were I a New Orleans fan I would be more concerned about the fact that that dumpster fire happened at home, especially against a team they are normally massively motivated to beat.

Ya, big decline .... for years .....

Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
2018 New Orleans Saints 15 489 364 74.4 32.6 3,992 8.2 266.1 32 6.5 5 1.0 72T 58 6 17 121 115.7
2017 New Orleans Saints 16 536 386 72.0 33.5 4,334 8.1 270.9 23 4.3 8 1.5 54T 72 11 20 145 103.9
2016 New Orleans Saints 16 673 471 70.0 42.1 5,208 7.7 325.5 37 5.5 15 2.2 98T 70 10 27 184 101.7
2015 New Orleans Saints 15 627 428 68.3 41.8 4,870 7.8 324.7 32 5.1 11 1.8 80T 68 13 31 235 101.0
2014 New Orleans Saints 16 659 456 69.2 41.2 4,952 7.5 309.5 33 5.0 17 2.6 69T 52 10 29 186 97.0

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What is insane is these outliers like Saints loss to Falcons.

You have to attribute that to simply a poor game by the Saints. I dont think anyone truly thinks the Saints are worse than Atlanta in any way, or they are now on a downward trajectory. It was just a bad game.

I attribute it to the rivalry. There are some matchups where the stats and predictions are meaningless. Saints / falcons is one of those.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Division games anything can happen. Bucs only lost to the Saints by 1 score earlier this season too. Saints defense played out of their minds that game.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
No Kittle tonight, which really worries me.

I still like how the 49ers stack up against the Seahawks, but I just know Wilson will keep them in it all game.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm excited to see how Wilson and Gordon work out, kind of a wild card thing tonight but over time that could make for a seriously good tandem.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm excited to see how Wilson and Gordon work out, kind of a wild card thing tonight but over time that could make for a seriously good tandem.
If he meshes well they will have one of the best receiving cores in the league. I hope it pushes the Seahawks into a more pass focused team and stop wasting Wilson trying to run behind that shit Oline.