NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm kinda scared of the giants defense. I haven't been watching it, but all those turnovers and they still held the pats to 35 pts?

Also, new eli desn't have eli's pouty face. Bring back old eli.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This pass interference challenge shit is stupid. Even a clear and obvious pass interference isn't enough? It has to be just as egregious as the NFC Championship last year?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This pass interference challenge shit is stupid. Even a clear and obvious pass interference isn't enough? It has to be just as egregious as the NFC Championship last year?

Agreed. This bs wink wink to the refs like we got you unless you totally fuck one up just as bad as last year is getting old. I get it on marginal shit and when both guys are hand-fighting the entire way down the field, but that shit at the end there was obvious illegal contact and a hold while pass was in the air for PI. Not that it changes the game in the slightest but the challenge shit for it is broke as fuck

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Jones is averaging an interception a quarter since his debut game. Not great, not great..

• 1Worf
kinda serious question. what the hell is up with the Pats? There are so many safeguards built into how the league works, dynasties are supposed to be extremely hard.

My first guess would be coaching and GM. They truly are elite., and they know how to maintain an elite team.

Otherwise I am stumped. As I said, and correct me if I am wrong, the league is designed so what the Pats have been doing for YEARS is very, very hard to do.

I hate them. But goddam are they amazing.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Proper coaching, finding the really good "average" player and coaching them up-look at van noy, wasted in detriot, now one of the better linebackers in the league, all from getting coached up in NE, and not paying huge money to a single player. (Usually)

And Tom brady. Having a really good qb that just wants to win and who stays playing is key.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Pats dynasty starts with Brady. There will probably never be another guy who cares more about winning than money, he always leaves money on the table so they can go get championship caliber talent. Belichick the GM is middle of the road, Belichick the coach is the greatest of all time.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Proper coaching, finding the really good "average" player and coaching them up-look at van noy, wasted in detriot, now one of the better linebackers in the league, all from getting coached up in NE, and not paying huge money to a single player. (Usually)

And Tom brady. Having a really good qb that just wants to win and who stays playing is key.

QB who also takes less is huge. Tom's salary is like 10m less than it should be? That a good amount of money to take a flyer on a few players. Plus like you said not paying the huge salary...allows them to bring in/sign more GOOD players. Not great banking players.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
QB who also takes less is huge. Tom's salary is like 10m less than it should be? That a good amount of money to take a flyer on a few players. Plus like you said not paying the huge salary...allows them to bring in/sign more GOOD players. Not great banking players.
When Brady and Bellicheat retire, that entire house of cards crumbles and right quick. The Pats don't have enough talent outside of the QB position to be as dominate as they have been in the past 2 decades without the all time best coach. Enjoy it as it's a fun ride for now, but as soon as Brady or Belichick are gone, it's over unless they start paying for better players.

Merrith

I actually think Belichick has one of his best D's in years this year...and they are kind of getting by on it a lot more. was 28-14 game pretty late last night when 2 of those TD's were a defensive TD and a blocked kick returned for TD (that wasn't even technically blocked...idiot kicked it into back of his own teammates head).

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I can't wait for 2023 when Brady retires and Bill fucks off as well and pats will be complete horseshit for at least a decade or more because Josh "I can't coach" McDaniels takes over. It will be glorious. Pats fans will talk about the pats of the past like Bears fans talk about '85 Bears. Only problem with that is that the pats fans will have an almost legit case. AFC East will be a dumpster fire behind a free clinic. Imagine Bills, Jets, pats and Dolphins all sucking equally. Division will be won with 5 wins

• 1Like

Merrith

I can't wait for 2023 when Brady retires and Bill fucks off as well and pats will be complete horseshit for at least a decade or more because Josh "I can't coach" McDaniels takes over. It will be glorious. Pats fans will talk about the pats of the past like Bears fans talk about '85 Bears. Only problem with that is that the pats fans will have an almost legit case. AFC East will be a dumpster fire behind a free clinic. Imagine Bills, Jets, pats and Dolphins all sucking equally. Division will be won with 5 wins

Sleeping on Buffalo? 4-1 right now and their only loss is to Pats

• 1Like