NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Sleeping on Buffalo? 4-1 right now and their only loss is to Pats

I'm not talking right now, I'm talking when pats gravy train ends. Also, Bills will be smacked back down into reality soon enough. They live or die by their defense

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate Patriots fans but I have to acknowledge that this is a one of a kind dynasty that we will likely never see again. Brady was a 6th round draft pick in 2000, the same year that Belichick came on as head coach. Once Brady took over as starter (in 2001), the Patriots immediately won their first Superbowl, winning 3 out of Brady's first 4 years as a starter. They haven't had a single losing season with Brady as the starter, only missed the playoffs twice, made it to the AFC championship 13 times, and the Superbowl 9 times.

It's Faustian pact levels of unbelievable.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not talking right now, I'm talking when pats gravy train ends. Also, Bills will be smacked back down into reality soon enough. They live or die by their defense

They do...but that D is fucking good. Their offense needs Singletary to get healthy and take over from the Ageless One to be more explosive.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They do...but that D is fucking good. Their offense needs Singletary to get healthy and take over from the Ageless One to be more explosive.

They've beaten the Jets, Bengals, Titans, and Giants. Two of those teams have no wins and their collective record is 4-16. Of the 11 games remaining on their schedule, only 4 of them are against teams that currently have a winning record.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Patriots have racked up a ton of injuries this season. Im just waiting for it to start costing them games. Otherwise they are the best team in the league...again.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate Patriots fans but I have to acknowledge that this is a one of a kind dynasty that we will likely never see again. Brady was a 6th round draft pick in 2000, the same year that Belichick came on as head coach. Once Brady took over as starter (in 2001), the Patriots immediately won their first Superbowl, winning 3 out of Brady's first 4 years as a starter. They haven't had a single losing season with Brady as the starter, only missed the playoffs twice, made it to the AFC championship 13 times, and the Superbowl 9 times.

It's Faustian pact levels of unbelievable.
And, this is the era of competitive balance and parity. What they have done for the past 20 years is crazy.

That said, fuck the Pats.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They've beaten the Jets, Bengals, Titans, and Giants. Two of those teams have no wins and their collective record is 4-16. Of the 11 games remaining on their schedule, only 4 of them are against teams that currently have a winning record.

They also played the Pats to 16-10 with their starting QB getting knocked out. They played the Jets before Darnold had mono, too. Rest of their schedule sounds beneficial to them, too.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
The Patriots have racked up a ton of injuries this season. Im just waiting for it to start costing them games. Otherwise they are the best team in the league...again.

this happens like every god damn season. People talking about how pats are injury ridden and how their defense is bad, o line aint good, brady doesn't have targets around him, you name it. And yet somehow they troll their way into 13 wins and postseason and collect yet another ring at the end of the season. It sickens me

• 1Solidarity

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
1) Fuck the Pats.
2) That said, Bill is arguably the best coach in NFL history.
3) Brady is also one of the best QBs in NFL history, likely the best if you curve by duration.
4) Bill is also a very good though not exceptional GM, especially if you curve by duration.
5) The long-term combination of the above means some players will come in for less money / not repeat previous mistakes.
6) The organization actively goes after ever advantage possible, both legal (writing contracts so they can cut players yet still get compensatory picks) and questionable (insert your favorite -gate here).

Yes, this team is too injured/ soft in Oline to go 19-0. But they should be heavy favorites until Brady goes down with an injury.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Don't even have to curve by duration. Curve by success. No QB has ever come close to his success.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
1) Fuck the Pats.
No...fuck YOU!
2) That said, Bill is arguably the best coach in NFL history.
Best coach in any sport ever!
3) Brady is also one of the best QBs in NFL history, likely the best if you curve by duration.
Best QB ever. Fuck a curve.
4) Bill is also a very good though not exceptional GM, especially if you curve by duration.
He's...OK.
5) The long-term combination of the above means some players will come in for less money / not repeat previous mistakes.
Best chance to get a ring. Don't make it complicated.
6) The organization actively goes after ever advantage possible, both legal (writing contracts so they can cut players yet still get compensatory picks) and questionable (insert your favorite -gate here).
Yup.
Yes, this team is too injured/ soft in Oline to go 19-0. But they should be heavy favorites until Brady goes down with an injury.
Agree.

Get it right...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually I'd say it's not yet out of the question for the Bills to take the division simply by virtue of having a much softer schedule. I mean obviously it's still early enough in the season that you can predict almost anything about any team, but November and December are not going to be easy months for the Patriots.

Would be hilarious if the Bills took the division 14-2 while losing to the Patriots twice and the Pats were stuck having to claw their way in through a wild card game.

• 1Worf

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
System QB is the dumbest shit ever. The Patriots offense has changed styles over the decades many times. Brady is the best QB ever. He has won more big games than anyone. He has won more Superbowls than anyone. He has completed the greatest Superbowl come back in history. He has done nothing but win a lot.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
That system tag gets me. Name a quarterback in the nfl CURRENTLY that is not in a "SYSTEM"? Every team has a system. Every single one.

Brady's offense changes weekly. One week it could be run 80% pass 20, next week the opposite, the next 50/50 the one thing that doesn't change IS the QB.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yeah and when he's out there's hardly any dropoff. Then those backups get signed by other teams and suck. I think Jimmy G is the first one who didn't.

It's the bellicheat system. No other team has it. You guys better hope they retire together, because if brady goes first and bill continues to win you won't be able to argue against the system tag anymore.

• 3Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You're a fucking idiot. I tried to type something nicer but that's how preposterous that statement is.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Cutler

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Didn't the Patriots did go 3-1 or something with 2nd and 3rd string QBs when Brady was suspended for cheating?

• 1Like