NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

His feet ostensibly have kept him from practicing, but he had passed a physical, exited the non-football injury list, and practiced once. Which means that team doctors believed he was good to go.

This is the part that makes me wonder. If they truly cleared him, honestly thinking he would be fine, it would not surprise me one bit it is about the helmet. As far as frostbite goes his looks mild compared to some shit I've seen.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

This is the part that makes me wonder. If they truly cleared him, honestly thinking he would be fine, it would not surprise me one bit it is about the helmet. As far as frostbite goes his looks mild compared to some shit I've seen.
I heard an interview where he played some contact reps for about 30 minutes and looked good. As soon as they were done though he was hobbling around. So I think it's pretty serious but able to be hidden for a time.

Yeah, this is pretty bad. We need to do better.

37ny5y.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Does he get his guaranteed money if he retires? I would think so, no? Goddamn that would be hilarious.

• 1Like

Does he get his guaranteed money if he retires? I would think so, no? Goddamn that would be hilarious.
It would be a first.

Makes a nice footnote in NFL history.

Frostbite, exposure to radioactive spider venom, inadvertently teleported with a common house fly, "shrinkage."

Lots of things can go wrong.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
However you look at it, it sucks for the Raiders. I think AB is going to really leave a mark on free agency and how future players are evaluated.

Skill and production seem like a fool proof way to evaluate a player. AB has produced more than anyone at his position over the last 5 plus years, it almost seems automatic. You would think potential suitors would be trying to outbid eachother to acquire his services.

But the "character" aspect greatly diminished his appeal. Looks like all the teams who passed on him were correct, and in the future, I think GMs will basically automatically dismiss any player that has the potential to be a bad actor.

Look at a player like....Patrick Willis. A professional's professional. Nicest guy you could ever meet, humble and caring. A special teammate and undoubted leader. You cant put a price on that. Not only did Patrick not take away from the locker room, he ENHANCED it.

Brown is selfish and could give a fuck about any teammate or team chemistry. This ultimately will outweigh his talent, which is a shame.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You are ignoring the fact he had a hall of fame QB those 5 years and he makes every reciever look good.

Fadaar

That guy
You are ignoring the fact he had a hall of fame QB those 5 years and he makes every reciever look good.

Yep which is why I'd take a guy like Julio, Hopkins, or Evans over him any day. Matt Ryan is far and away the best QB of the bunch for those 3 but Julio is like Hopkins, it doesn't matter who's throwing to him he'll make the QB look good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
It's going to be an ugly season for Miami but we nabbed Preston Williams, who went undrafted over a misdemeanor charge from an argument with his girlfriend while she was moving out of their shared apartment, and then later violated a court order over the incident.

Basically it'll be great to have him as a Dolphin for the first 8 games until he's found face down in a mountain of cocaine surrounded by prostitutes and a battered girlfriend. Then he'll be suspended and eventually be taken by a team in a city that doesn't revolve around sex, partying, and drugs.

• 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Character/personality is very important. As much as I hate to say this, considering I totally despise all Boston sports teams and especially the Patriots, Tom Brady didn't become the best quarterback ever because of his arm or speed. Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 40 and is still the best receiver to ever play the game. Their willingness to work harder than anyone else made them the best. No amount of talent can make up for AB's bullshit.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep which is why I'd take a guy like Julio, Hopkins, or Evans over him any day. Matt Ryan is far and away the best QB of the bunch for those 3 but Julio is like Hopkins, it doesn't matter who's throwing to him he'll make the QB look good.

I'd put Thomas on that list. I know everyone gives Brees a lot of that credit, but I think Michael Thomas deserves more than he's been getting. He's much less of a big play threat than the other 3 you listed, though.

Devante Adams might have to get moved up as well, guy produced even with hurt Rodgers and when Rodgers was out 2 years ago.

Fadaar

That guy
I'd put Thomas on that list. I know everyone gives Brees a lot of that credit, but I think Michael Thomas deserves more than he's been getting. He's much less of a big play threat than the other 3 you listed, though.

Devante Adams might have to get moved up as well, guy produced even with hurt Rodgers and when Rodgers was out 2 years ago.

I agree but I was only going with guys that have 5+ years in the league and super consistent production. If anything I should have included TY Hilton in there as well.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It's going to be an ugly season for Miami but we nabbed Preston Williams, who went undrafted over a misdemeanor charge from an argument with his girlfriend while she was moving out of their shared apartment, and then later violated a court order over the incident.

Basically it'll be great to have him as a Dolphin for the first 8 games until he's found face down in a mountain of cocaine surrounded by prostitutes and a battered girlfriend. Then he'll be suspended and eventually be taken by a team in a city that doesn't revolve around sex, partying, and drugs.

Suspended the picked up by the pats!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
God damn there have been so many flags this preseason it is painful to watch.

• 1Solidarity

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
I guess I never really watch the preseason, and it turns out it is for good reason. It's boring and the pace of play is ungodly slow due to the flags.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users
The character issue is important especially if one is, essentially, dealing with a retard. Brown's fans know about this. Manzeil, Josh Gordon.

I think you can be smart and worth the risk, but nothing can help a team if the player is just a moron.