NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pulling Mitch was either about ass covering or sending a message imo. Hard to guess which, but for all his flaws I think I'd take Trubisky over Daniel.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only reason I'd buy a hip injury or something is that Trubinsky used to actually do some damage running the ball last year, and hasn't done shit this year. 421 yards rushing last year and 3 rushing TD's. This year? 54 yards in 8 games, no TD's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Dak just had 2 excellent games back to back, but no lets give our fat RB a huge deal and let our QB play his way into one. Cowboys are a fucking joke, Detroit w/out Stafford a limp midget and Garrett did everything he could to keep that close.

We'll win the East, and lose to Seattle in the Wild Card, or Minnesota or whoever. Same shit different year.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Pat's offensive line has looked like crap all year. which is why they are not having a good season running the game. since they are not running -well- the defenses are loading the backfield for pass defense, thus brady is having a harder time with the pass offense.

it all flows thru the play of the offensive line, they block WELL, then michel and white and whomever- can RUN on first or second down and gain 4ish yards each play, as it is right now, they are gaining MAYBE 3 yards on average (goes too look it up) in 2019 the pats are AVERAGING 3.3 yards per carry. LAST year they averaged 4.3 yards per carry. that too me is line play. poor blocking= no "PUSH" = Not as many yards= have to pass more= defenses know you cannot run the ball= defending the pass/rushing brady better since they "know" you cannot run...

Provided Winn comes back and is healthy - AND STAYS HEALTHY- for the rest of the season, his addition should help solidify the line play (newhouse has been awful)- which will help the run game(or should) ...and the patriots being able to run the ball in turn will help the passing game since the defense will not be able to play pass pass pass all the time.

ON the defensive side, the patriots Defense played Significantly better vs the Eagles-except for the first quarter- but after that, they played as tough vs the eagles like they did everyone else (except the ravens) so far this year.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's pretty shocking to me the situation that the Rams have gotten themselves into. They have like 6 guys making $15M+ a year and they're going to have to pay Ramsey next year and they're probably not going to make the playoffs. Both Goff and Gurley's contracts look like an albatross at this point. Also they have no first round draft pick for the next two years. I mean everybody knew they were mortgaging the future last year and it almost worked but they have continued it this year and they might finish the year as the worst team in the division with the way the Cardinals are coming on and have no plausible way to improve much in the next two years.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It seems as if the Cardinals showed the blueprint for stopping the 49ers offense. Stack the box to stop the run, play man coverage and dare the 49ers WR's to beat them. Seeing as the 49ers are without Kittle, and Sanders was limited, it was working really well for a while. The 49ers WR's are just not great. It looks like Deebo is starting to break out which is great, and I hope he keeps it up. The guy reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin. But against teams with a better secondary and a good pass rush, it is going to be a huge problem for the 49ers moving forward. If they can't get the running game back on track I think it could spell big trouble for them. The hope is with Kittle and Sanders healthy it will open everything up a bit more, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Now I am wondering if I am just too harsh a critic of Jimmy G. The picks he is throwing are so awful, that maybe it just makes him seem worse than he is. I mean he was 26-30 for 305 yards, 3TD's and 2 INT's in the 2nd half. You take away those picks and that is quite the stat line. My problem is the 1st pick was SO bad, I mean just completely missed the underneath defender (which seems to be his major issue) that it really takes away from the rest of his performance. The 2nd pick was just an awful throw to an open TE that once again was deflected to a defender.

So is it that Jimmy G is only good because of Shanahan and his scheme, and at times receivers appear to be wide open? I think the argument against that is Mullens had roughly the same cast of pass catchers last year, and didn't have nearly the success. Is it the fact that Jimmy G has only started 20 games, and these are the kinds of things that only game time can teach you, no matter how much you understand the offense?

I just don't know if I am an overly harsh critic of him, and his mistakes just seem so much worse because they appear to be really awful. Anyway, just my rambling thoughts on the 49ers. The remaining schedule for the 49ers is rough. With Atlanta suddenly playing real football again, the 49ers don't have a single easy game left on the schedule. Should be fun to watch!

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Goddam Colin Cowherd is a fucking douchebag. Face so punchable.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Goddam Colin Cowherd is a fucking douchebag. Face so punchable.
And he's still 1000x better than Max Kellerman, Stephen A Smith, Shannon Sharpe, & Skip Bayless. NFL talking heads are fucking awful

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
It seems as if the Seahawks showed the blueprint for stopping the 49ers offense. Stack the box to stop the run, play man coverage and dare the 49ers WR's to beat them. Seeing as the 49ers are without Kittle, and Sanders was limited, it was working really well for a while. The 49ers WR's are just not great. It looks like Deebo is starting to break out which is great, and I hope he keeps it up. The guy reminds me a lot of Anquan Boldin. But against teams with a better secondary and a good pass rush, it is going to be a huge problem for the 49ers moving forward. If they can't get the running game back on track I think it could spell big trouble for them. The hope is with Kittle and Sanders healthy it will open everything up a bit more, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

ftfy since that is what we did to actually beat you.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Slight overthrows on deep routes, balls just a little too low, just a little to far behind, etc, even when not under pressure yesterday.

With a few that he basically threw to defenders who displayed why they aren't WRs.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Unless Carolina really goes on a run I think MVP is down to Jackson and Wilson. If Panthers don't make the playoffs CMC can't be MVP.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I’m just here for the SF fans after they go 1-5 over their next 6. Collapse is going to be historic.

Why? Every time another QB who looked great in the pats system goes on to fail, it strengthens the case that brady is just a system QB.

Fadaar

That guy
Unless Carolina really goes on a run I think MVP is down to Jackson and Wilson. If Panthers don't make the playoffs CMC can't be MVP.

Yeah really those are the two biggest standouts. Honestly Russell Wilson could win it every year, that team is absolute trash without him ESPECIALLY now with how bad the defense is compared to prior seasons.

edit: good lord didn't realize how far they'd fallen, list of team stats since Wilson came into the league in 2012

bad.png

• 1Truth!