NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wilson is the only other guy in the discussion, that's for sure, but Jackson's case is pretty hard to argue against at this point. Also beat Wilson head to head up in Seattle.
I mean its easier to be successful when half the team is pro bowl caliber. That makes Wilson more valuable as Jackson would be easier to be replaced and the team still win. Take Wilson out and the Seahawks are dumpster fire.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
eh, I'd say Lamar makes the other players around him pro bowl caliber where you aren't seeing that with Wilson. Wilson is the only offensive player picked for Seattle.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean its easier to be successful when half the team is pro bowl caliber. That makes Wilson more valuable as Jackson would be easier to be replaced and the team still win. Take Wilson out and the Seahawks are dumpster fire.

As I was pointing out with the Scherff nomination earlier...Pro Bowl noms a lot of the time aren't the best measure of who are really the best year to year at the position. That Ravens team was 4-5 last year with Flacco, went 6-1 with Jackson. They lost a good number of their main contributors on defense but the offense has helped make up for it keeping them off the field this year.

Also frankly, even as bad as Pro Bowl selections/snubs normally are, the NFC as a whole is a bit more competitive for spots than the AFC would be. Seattle, San Fran, Green Bay, and New Orleans are all 11 win teams, and the Vikings have won 10 games.

Merrith

eh, I'd say Lamar makes the other players around him pro bowl caliber where you aren't seeing that with Wilson. Wilson is the only offensive player picked for Seattle.

And frankly you could argue that Carson was a semi snubbed, being 2nd in rushing yards in the NFC among RB's.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Wilson is the only other guy in the discussion, that's for sure, but Jackson's case is pretty hard to argue against at this point. Also beat Wilson head to head up in Seattle.

There isn't a discussion any longer. That discussion died like week 9 when Russ had a couple of off weeks. Cowherd is correct however. Without Russ the Hawks are a dumpster fire of a team that might go Ofer. That has been the case for the last 3 years at least.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea Lamar Jackson has MVP locked up.

I think Mike Thomas deserves some recognition for MVP. His last 2 seasons, esp 2019, AFTER signing a huge contract ( almost unprecedented in modern pro sports, not many players ever go on to have their best statistical season following a payday) have been ridiculous.

He basically is guaranteed for 8 catches and 100 yards at this point. Never drops the ball, consistently beats double teams, always open, can score. Guy is unbelievable.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
As I was pointing out with the Scherff nomination earlier...Pro Bowl noms a lot of the time aren't the best measure of who are really the best year to year at the position. That Ravens team was 4-5 last year with Flacco, went 6-1 with Jackson. They lost a good number of their main contributors on defense but the offense has helped make up for it keeping them off the field this year.

Also frankly, even as bad as Pro Bowl selections/snubs normally are, the NFC as a whole is a bit more competitive for spots than the AFC would be. Seattle, San Fran, Green Bay, and New Orleans are all 11 win teams, and the Vikings have won 10 games.

I don't really agree. This Ravens team is pretty different than last year. There was a lot of turn over on starters. Its not apples to apples.

Merrith

I don't really agree. This Ravens team is pretty different than last year. There was a lot of turn over on starters. Its not apples to apples.

Most of their O line is intact, Snead/Hurst/Andrews/Boyle all carryovers. So is Gus Edwards. I agree Ingram helps, but I think Lamar helps him quite a bit, too(kinda similar to how Alfred Morris actually had 1800 yards rushing his rookie year because of RG3 threat boosting him). There's no way I can think their defense is overall more solid losing Mosley and Smith. Peters was nice addition in secondary, I'll grant that.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Most of their O line is intact, Snead/Hurst/Andrews/Boyle all carryovers. So is Gus Edwards. I agree Ingram helps, but I think Lamar helps him quite a bit, too(kinda similar to how Alfred Morris actually had 1800 yards rushing his rookie year because of RG3 threat boosting him). There's no way I can think their defense is overall more solid losing Mosley and Smith. Peters was nice addition in secondary, I'll grant that.
Yes but the Oline was shit last year which is why the Chargers absolutely skull fucked them in the playoffs. They are playing much much better.

Merrith

Yes but the Oline was shit last year which is why the Chargers absolutely skull fucked them in the playoffs. They are playing much much better.

The Chargers skull fucked them because they had played them 2 weeks prior, and essentially put 7 DB's on the field most of the time to help guard Lamar. I will agree getting Ingram to pound the ball was a smart move b/c no team will be able to replicate that strategy when they can hand it off to Ingram 25 times (although it's not a strategy they've done yet this year, haven't needed to). Lamar is a better passer this year than he was at that point, as well.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
The Bills skull fucking Tom Brady to death would be the best Christmas present ever.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tune in, first play the refs miss a really obvious facemask that leads to a called back 4th down conversion and then a blocked field goal.

NFL still NFLing.