NFL 2019 Season: It's Tricky!

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't know how Jameis stays employed as a starter next year. Even semi-competent play wins that game. He completely gave the entire game away on his own. Houston didn't do shit the entire game outside of somewhat benefit from Winston's non-stop fuckups all game. This is Year 5 and I see little difference from Year 1. The guy has run out of excuses.
Because he's going to have over 5000 yards and 30 whatever touchdowns. Maybe they can draft a guy or something, but I think they just really hope he starts having turning the ball over less, which probably won't happen, but he'd be straight spectactular if it did.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because he's going to have over 5000 yards and 30 whatever touchdowns. Maybe they can draft a guy or something, but I think they just really hope he starts having turning the ball over less, which probably won't happen, but he'd be straight spectactular if it did.

I just don't know if he ever overcomes the turnover issue. Any team that bets on him for the insane numbers he can put up many games is just going to have to live with the fact that every few games he's liable to have a 4+ Int game. I don't see how any team that wants to be a "contender" can think that is okay, either. Tampa's D has been great against the run all year, and the last stretch they've actually started playing the pass really well, too. Someone would have to think if they got an efficient, game manager type that they could build a winning formula with that, versus potentially getting to the playoffs on the back of 5k yards/30 TD's from Winston, only for Really Bad Winston to show up one game and the run is doomed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I understand but 5 years later...turnovers are still about the same as TDs. Sure, yards are ridiculous THIS YEAR under a coach who specifically wants the big play QB....because he puts them in the hole all the time and has to dig back out. He's got massive talent, but he was the primary contributing person to half their losses this year. He also has one of the best(if not the best) WR group in the league.

Guy just cannot stop giving away games and there are lots of guys with worse stats who will be going to the playoffs because they don't personally cause losses. Arians not only has to gameplan against the opposing team, but he has to try and stop Winston from destroying his own team. How many winning coaches will put up with having to fight against their own QB when the margin of victory is so small? Games are lost on 2-3 plays and Winston usually has that many himself...on a good day.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean I don't think it's very likely that he suddenly ends up with a 3:1 TD:INT ratio or anything, but some coach will think he can be the guy that gets him to do that and end up with a monster offense.

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sure, yards are ridiculous THIS YEAR under a coach who specifically wants the big play QB

He's averaged over 250 yards a game for his entire career (and it's actually gone up every single season of his career), which is above 4,000 yards a season (which he's hit every time he's played 16 games, obviously). His Total QBR has never been lower than 54.0, which would be good for around middle of the pack pretty much every year (among starters).

Arians' system clearly has everything into overdrive, though. His yards/game steadily increased but took a monster jump this year, and his TD% and Int% are both at the highest levels of his career this season.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Patriots always turn it on during the last couple pre-season games. Back to back byes and then home opener, can’t wait.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Why do the Rams have to be two different teams week to week what in the fuck is happening here.

• 1Worf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
49ers are starting to fall apart.

Jimmy G was on a tear, now the last 2 weeks he has looked CJ Beathard esque.

They need a big play to get some momentum going and build confidence. Just feed Kittle and blitz more on defense.

• 1Cutler