NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
so the droncos QBs got sat down for a week because they had no masks on in their own facility, yeah?

and Haskins was maskless in a strip club and gets to play. must be some unknowns here. maybe he has antibodies and is allowed to do as he pleases, but not allowed to flaunt that fact.

There was some weird shit with the Broncos QB's where they didn't fully cooperate with the contact tracing questions, if I recall.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
so the droncos QBs got sat down for a week because they had no masks on in their own facility, yeah?

and Haskins was maskless in a strip club and gets to play. must be some unknowns here. maybe he has antibodies and is allowed to do as he pleases, but not allowed to flaunt that fact.

One of them had a failed test that day, so they all suffered and got put on the covid list.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gak

<Gold Donor>
In case this helps anyone in Canuckistan:

Couldn't see the Saturday 4:30pm 49'rs game on any channel, but happened to notice it replaying at 1:00am EST on that talk-show NFL Network channel we get free with our cable package. The other two games are showing earlier on NFL Network/regular cable, but not the 4:30 one.

b.jpg

• 1Like

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider

This is what happens when no one can really question or effect the decisions the commissioner and his ilk make. The rulings are completely arbitrary across the board.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

How did Watson get the 3rd AFC QB Pro Bowl nom over Tannehill?

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
James Robinson not getting in the pro bowl is the only real snub. Hes 1 of 3 RB's with over 1k yards and hes doing it on the Jaguars and was undrafted. Dude is a machine.

Josh Jacobs and Evan Engram are big headscratchers.

• 1Like

Merrith

Watson is second in the league for passing behind Mahomes. Tannhill is 14th.

Texans are horrible, Watson is not.

He's also played from behind a bunch to help need to throw the ball a ton. Meanwhile Tannehill has a 31/5 TD:Int ratio to Watson's 27:6, and he's had a full game+ less attempts. He has more rushing TD's than Watson as well. I think people need to wake up to how ridiculously good Tannehill has been.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
He's also played from behind a bunch to help need to throw the ball a ton. Meanwhile Tannehill has a 31/5 TD:Int ratio to Watson's 27:6, and he's had a full game+ less attempts. He has more rushing TD's than Watson as well. I think people need to wake up to how ridiculously good Tannehill has been.
Turns out that being away from Gase and a shitty Oline does wonders for QB production.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Any guess on were Darnold or Wentz could move to next year?

Saints? Washington? Pats? 49ers? Broncos? Bears?

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing against Tannehill individually as he has been great. He also has a much better line and an absurdly better running game/rb. He has a much, much better supporting cast. Watson is out there almost playing alone. Tannehill has beasted but who is better if you switch teams? It is a lot closer than I would have thoughy before this year or certainly last year.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I hope the bears end up getting an entertaining journeyman QB, if not one of those two than somebody else.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I was surprised at the number of attempts Tannehill had too. They are neck in neck. Watson has a bit higher yards per attempt though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Any guess on were Darnold or Wentz could move to next year?

Saints? Washington? Pats? 49ers? Broncos? Bears?

no no no no yes yes

Wentz's best bet is prob the Colts but with how shitty he is as a player and a teammate this year? Hard to want that near your team

EDIT switching broncos to yes, fucking Elway

Merrith

Nothing against Tannehill individually as he has been great. He also has a much better line and an absurdly better running game/rb. He has a much, much better supporting cast. Watson is out there almost playing alone. Tannehill has beasted but who is better if you switch teams? It is a lot closer than I would have thoughy before this year or certainly last year.

Considering Watson had actual healthy Will Fuller this year (until he got suspended), along with "I can hit 1k receiving yards with any team in the league" Brandin Cooks, the whole Watson was out there playing alone just doesn't hold water for me. I get it, they traded away Nuk, but he still had great receivers out there. Tannehill has AJ Brown who was hurt most of the 1st month, and the supposed bust of Corey Davis (who's also been hurt on and off most of the year) that he's made look like an absolute monster.

The Henry stuff is obviously real, but I think the fact Watson has been down in more games than Tannehill helps his numbers out far more than the fact the Titans can just hand the ball off to Henry with a lead. Henry is a huge reason for the success of that offense...but Tannehill's performance is why they are THE top scoring offense in the league over KC and Green Bay.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Considering Watson had actual healthy Will Fuller this year (until he got suspended), along with "I can hit 1k receiving yards with any team in the league" Brandin Cooks, the whole Watson was out there playing alone just doesn't hold water for me. I get it, they traded away Nuk, but he still had great receivers out there. Tannehill has AJ Brown who was hurt most of the 1st month, and the supposed bust of Corey Davis (who's also been hurt on and off most of the year) that he's made look like an absolute monster.

The Henry stuff is obviously real, but I think the fact Watson has been down in more games than Tannehill helps his numbers out far more than the fact the Titans can just hand the ball off to Henry with a lead. Henry is a huge reason for the success of that offense...but Tannehill's performance is why they are THE top scoring offense in the league over KC and Green Bay.
I get the receivers but not with zero time and a shit line. Don't get me wrong Tannehill has changed amazingly for the better but the difference legit play action and a good line makes is massive. When every game you play is against 8 or more in the box every time the QB benefits. Does that outweigh good to great receivers? It's a legit question.