NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Maybe Wilson's availability is becoming a reality. I know he is wanting more control in the offense/line stuff but who can blame him at this point.
Come join your buddy Sherm in SF, Russ!

I Hope Please GIF

Hosix

All labs matter!
Why are they chasing Wentz though? Off the top of my head I'd rather have Mariota, Dalton, or Big Dick Wolford over Wentz considering the price tag. Hell now that I think about it I'd just let Brissett be the full time starter before I chased Wentz.

Some coach always thinking he can fix a QB. Wentz is young, athletic and had a season performing at a MVP level. But to me he has durability issues and he has shown himself to be a whiny bitch.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think going for Wentz as a player is that bad of a thing, it's the fucking contract that comes with it that fucks that whole idea

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sherm most likely isnt even going to be a 49er this upcoming season.

I think K. Williams is a free agent, and Witherspoon as well. We have a lot of questions at DB. Varrett is also a unrestricted FA.

For some reason the 49ers are 14-1 Vegas odds to win the Super Bowl. I think its like 8th most likely team. High expectations for reasons unknown. I mean, yeah, with Aiyuk, Deebo and Kittle with a healthy Mostert on offense is scary as fuck. It all comes down to who is going to be playing QB though. Either way I cant complain as a fan. When you look at some of the other teams odds its not even close. ESPN also has the 49ers as a Super Bowl contender for 2021.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The smart money is on Garappolo being the QB in SF for at least one more year. I'm guessing they draft a CB at #12 or possibly trade down and get one later in the first round. They don't like drafting CBs high but they really need to do something to address that position for next year. Varrett played very well this year and I'd like to see him get resigned. Witherspoon sucks and needs to leave. Mosely would probably be okay as a 3rd corner. They need a center too and maybe a guard and they definitely need to resign Trent Williams.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted an edge rusher at 12 to replace Dee Ford since they love drafting DL but I think corner would be the smarter move this time.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think they'll most likely try for some sort of speed edge rusher to replace Ford, cause no way they can count on him. I do agree with you though, CB is a much higher need. But they like to build from the front to back, so I doubt they go CB.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the 49ers should go DB with their 1st pick.

Bosa should be back 100% for week 1, and even though losing Buckner was huge (he ended up putting up an All pro campaign for Indy, and was one of the main reasons that team ascended) we still have Arik Armstead and Kinlaw. Picking another d lineman/edge rusher with our 1st overall 3 years in a row might be a mistake if we can get a guy like Surtain II. He might be off the board by 12, but we could put together something so we could move up a few spots. Even if we could get Caleb Farley, I would do it.

Moehrig is also interesting but Im not sure you take him at 12. If we resign Varrett, and knock it out of the park with Surtain, we would be rolling out those 2 at corner, with Jimmie Ward and Tartt at safety. That D backfield along with Warner and Bosa/Armstead/Kinlaw/Hyder would be a really strong defensive unit.