NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They are basically in full rebuild mode. It would be the best move for the future of their franchise to trade Watson IMO.

Hosix

All labs matter!
after 3 years Urban will be back at college coaching kids again. I bet he loses the locker room about 4-5 weeks into his second season and then he'll just linger on until he gets fired. Then takes a year off to let things cool down and then becomes the highest paid college HC.

I figured it would be similar to Sabans time in Miami. A big time program will get him. He went 6-10 and 9-7.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Texans would be idiots to trade Watson. You lock in a QB like that you keep him.

So they might go for it.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's not just Watson who should be getting the fuck out, that team is so fucked and they didn't even get rid of the problem. They kept him and allowed him to get a patsy for the next round of damage he does

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They might as well ride out Watson. They are so far in the hole with picks they gave up that trading away Watson would just put them back at square one. They don't even pick until third this upcoming draft.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
The argument is that the Texans need to fix so much before they are competitive again that most of Watson's window will be over by that point, so get what you can for him now.

I would say that teams like the Dolphins show it doesnt take years to get to 8-8, but the Texans also have nearly no draft stock to work with.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
The argument is that the Texans need to fix so much before they are competitive again that most of Watson's window will be over by that point, so get what you can for him now.

I would say that teams like the Dolphins show it doesnt take years to get to 8-8, but the Texans also have nearly no draft stock to work with.
yeah dolphins have had a bunch of early round picks for a few seasons in a row including this upcoming season. Texans don't have a single pick until the late 60s.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

The Patriots, Steelers, Colts, Raiders, Broncos, Washington, Eagles, Bears, Lions, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Buccaneers (if Tom Brady is one and done), and 49ers are the most obvious.

They could certainly help themselves out a bunch by trading Watson, all of these teams would be at the door and probable more for high value.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean it's not say if some team offers them like 5 1sts and 5 2nds that they shouldn't do it, If there's a Hershel Walker kind of trade out there you have to consider it, but unless some other team hires Obrien to be their GM it seems unlikely.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Keeping him around if he doesn't want to be is gonna prove more devastating than keeping him. He can make it hell on them and force them into it. All he has to do is show up and do jack shit

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
I mean it's not say if some team offers them like 5 1sts and 5 2nds that they shouldn't do it, If there's a Hershel Walker kind of trade out there you have to consider it, but unless some other team hires Obrien to be their GM it seems unlikely.

If he is on the trade block...someone will offer up a bunch of picks. A QB needy team will trade the future away for the chance at a ring now.

Sterling

El Presidente
If he is on the trade block...someone will offer up a bunch of picks. A QB needy team will trade the future away for the chance at a ring now.
Maybe, and I don't think anyone is truly untradeable since like I said there can be a Hershel Walker type trade you basically can't say no to, but at the same time you can't just trade him for a ham sandwich because he wants out.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they're going to move him, they might as well trade Watt as well. Moving on from Watson puts them in full transition. Who knows if it ends up happening, though...but man are they in a seemingly shitty spot with Titans set up to be good for a few years, Colts with a solid team (although question at QB with Rivers' longevity), and the Jags about to get Lawrence.

Sterling

El Presidente
If they're going to move him, they might as well trade Watt as well. Moving on from Watson puts them in full transition. Who knows if it ends up happening, though...but man are they in a seemingly shitty spot with Titans set up to be good for a few years, Colts with a solid team (although question at QB with Rivers' longevity), and the Jags about to get Lawrence.
Yeah, they should burn it to the ground if they're trading watson. Wonder what they can get for Tunsil?

Fadaar

That guy
Exactly....what better way to jump start your rebuild? Recoup a few picks.

I'd totally give up a draft or two for him in Tampa. Would be nice to transition from Brady right into another quality QB, something us Bucs fans aren't used to having. If they win the SB this year Brady should go out on top like Manning did and the front office should mortgage the house on Watson.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd totally give up a draft or two for him in Tampa. Would be nice to transition from Brady right into another quality QB, something us Bucs fans aren't used to having. If they win the SB this year Brady should go out on top like Manning did and the front office should mortgage the house on Watson.
Going from Steve Deberg into Steve Young didn't satisfy you?!?!?!