All labs matter!
63B9E522-6A8D-4A96-A5E7-3BCA5288CABA.jpeg

Prolly more like this....

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So Mahomes doesn't actually have a concussion, what happened is a nerve in his neck got tweaked or something.

Which tbh is a helluva lot scarier.

I ended up watching a mostly frame by frame replay of the hit late last night and could never see where he got hit so this makes a lot more sense. Scary shit really, like his body and brain weren't connected for a short period of time and did a reboot or some shit. Hopefully it isn't something that once you trigger it becomes easier to do thereafter.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
first in most teams winning the division with a losing record too.

In the end that just means a worse draft pick for us. Unless you win the Super Bowl every other playoff team ends up a loser with a low pick.

Merrith

So Mahomes doesn't actually have a concussion, what happened is a nerve in his neck got tweaked or something.

Which tbh is a helluva lot scarier.

Sure. No concussion, no protocol. They can just say "he's good to go" then. Totally believe it.

• 1Like

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
I think once you get put in the concussion protocol, you still have to go through all the testing to get out of it. From what I can gather by hitting F5 on reddit all day is that he got MMA choked out and was okay by the time they made him go the locker room but they held him out as a precaution.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He is in the concussion protocol so he'll still have to pass the tests but the nerve thing sounds a lot scarier to be honest.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
His head never hit anything though. Not sure how he could have actually sustained a concussion. Doesn't seem suspect really.

• 1Like

Merrith

His head never hit anything though. Not sure how he could have actually sustained a concussion. Doesn't seem suspect really.

Not that you need to have your head hit anything or be hit by anything to result in a concussion.

Merrith

Watch the hit again. The defender piles face first into Mahomes' shoulder, there's no helmet to helmet contact.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that this would be a way around the normal protocols potentially if the Chiefs (and the league) REALLY wanted Mahomes to be able to play if he wanted to.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Personally, seeing Patrick spend an entire off season preparing his mind and body to come back and take his revenge upon the league next season is fine with me. Its probably just best for everyone if they let him play.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not saying it's impossible, just that this would be a way around the normal protocols potentially if the Chiefs (and the league) REALLY wanted Mahomes to be able to play if he wanted to.
An independent neurologist has the final say on him exiting concussion protocol whether it turns out to be a concussion or not.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The conspiracy theories infiltrate every part of this community.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Your grasping at some weak shit dude, he is in the concussion protocol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider

This is off topic but I need to get it off my chest: I was very excited to see this meme for the first time. I couldn't wait to find out which video this pic is from, and examine it for research purposes.

It's an Instagram photo. I haven't been this disappointed since my Dad wouldn't buy me the NES at Radio Shack because it was $10 more than everywhere else, but everywhere else was sold out.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users