NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
But look on the bright side. Unless the Bills pull of a Super Bowl win, the NFCE will remain the only division in the league to have all 4 teams that have won a Super Bowl

Hey we'll always be the first, although others will join. Also part of the reason everyone (or most everyone) roots for the underdog is cause they can understand the lengthy droughts. Shit, Buffalo or Cleveland winning would be pretty awesome, in a way. Honestly I'm even okay with Brady winning now that he's with Tampa...aside from the whole 7 rings shit. But fuck it, 10 SB's, a potential 7th ring. If he does it, he fucking deserves it.

It is funny how many hot takes there will be about needing a QB to go anywhere (not that it isn't true). The top 3 MVP candidates and the Goat. Fuck Washington really needs to figure out long term solution at QB...because we actually have some decent pieces elsewhere, especially with our D.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Wow, more like the NFCE had to get rid of the Cards to make that true. (and happens to be the only team in the NFC West that hasn't won one)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wow, more like the NFCE had to get rid of the Cards to make that true. (and happens to be the only team in the NFC West that hasn't won one)
Yeah if we swapped the chargers for the seahawks AFC west got it first lol.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So Mahomes doesn't actually have a concussion, what happened is a nerve in his neck got tweaked or something.

Which tbh is a helluva lot scarier.

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
So Mahomes doesn't actually have a concussion, what happened is a nerve in his neck got tweaked or something.

Which tbh is a helluva lot scarier.
iwasright.PNG

Daezuel internet MD reporting for doodie.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Given his season, success, and age I think we can put it to rest that it was all Belichick making Brady great. I have no doubt his mentorship helped build him into what Brady has become, but he is the GOAT.

It's so hard to compare eras though. No doubt based on the stats, Super Bowls, etc. you have to give the GOAT nod to Brady, but I can't even imagine the kind of stats Joe would've been able to put up in today's NFL.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's so hard to compare eras though. No doubt based on the stats, Super Bowls, etc. you have to give the GOAT nod to Brady, but I can't even imagine the kind of stats Joe would've been able to put up in today's NFL.
I dont much care about the stats but I do care about the 6 rings and 11 or what ever AFC Championships. That's just fucking crazy. Particularly in the salary cap era.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I dont much care about the stats but I do care about the 6 rings and 11 or what ever AFC Championships. That's just fucking crazy. Particularly in the salary cap era.

Joe went to 4 Super Bowls, won 4, and went to 7 Championship games (technically 8, but 1 he didn't play because of injury). Roughly, Joe had a 50/50 shot of going to an NFC/AFC title game, similar with Brady. But Joe did it in an era where you could absolutely fucking destroy a QB and didn't have to stand there and watch the WR catch the ball first, before you could do anything to defend a pass.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Joe went to 4 Super Bowls, won 4, and went to 7 Championship games (technically 8, but 1 he didn't play because of injury). Roughly, Joe had a 50/50 shot of going to an NFC/AFC title game, similar with Brady. But Joe did it in an era where you could absolutely fucking destroy a QB and didn't have to stand there and watch the WR catch the ball first, before you could do anything to defend a pass.
He also did it in an era where you could buy championships. Dont get me wrong I personally have Joe as number 2.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I always say Brady is the greatest of the modern era, but if he manages to take the Bucs to the big game and win at 43, im gonna stop adding that qualifier at the end despite my love for Joe.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm a huge 49er fan and Montana fan but Brady is already the best in any era.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
People always bring up other eras and how the rules were different, which obviously affects stats, but it's not like their opponents didn't have to follow the same rules.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I always say Brady is the greatest of the modern era, but if he manages to take the Bucs to the big game and win at 43, im gonna stop adding that qualifier at the end despite my love for Joe.
There's 0 chance he's beating the Chiefs (depending on the severity of Mahomes' injury). However, if he even GOES to the Super Bowl with the Bucs? Yeah, I can't really use a weasly, "but" style argument for Joe anymore. And it fucking sucks.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's 0 chance he's beating the Chiefs (depending on the severity of Mahomes' injury). However, if he even GOES to the Super Bowl with the Bucs? Yeah, I can't really use a weasly, "but" style argument for Joe anymore. And it fucking sucks.
I mean I thought there was zero chance the Browns even made it a close game against the Chiefs, but not only was it a close game but they probably win if that personal foul is correctly called at the end of the first half.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Joe is the convection oven to Brady’s
air fryer.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users