Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
damn, Allen making extremely bad decisions behind the line
allenagedwell.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Chiefs score here it might be over. Gotta keep pace. That drop by singletary and then grounding penalty is awful.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't get how the chiefs didn't get the ball where the grounding happened, it was a third down play.

EDIT doesn't matter after that first down play but still

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
What I will say is the chiefs defense is playing with too much edge. Punches, body slams. It’s gonna keep biting their ass

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I don't get how the chiefs didn't get the ball where the grounding happened, it was a third down play.

I don’t get your confusion. The penalty overwrites the play. Ball is moved back to the spot of the foul and a down is burned. The play itself never happened.

sort of how roughing the kicker or defensive holding negate the actual play.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I always thought it was both, the play happens and you lose the down. guess not.

Sterling

El Presidente

EDIT doesn't matter after that first down play but still
yeah, it was 3rd down, not 4th, loss of down is 1 down not 2.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I always thought it was both, the play happens and you lose the down. guess not.

I see what you mean now. That’s one of the few plays that negate the o ur come of the play but doesn’t result in a replay of the down. That’s why they verbalize the loss of down.

I don’t believe there are any 2 down penalties in the rule book at the moment

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remember when Kansas City was down multiple scores in every single playoff game last year and down 2 scores in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl?

Right? Hill drops a 30 yard pass on their first drive, Hardman fumbles punt inside the 5 for a free TD the other way. Since then...well, it's just them doing what they do. Bills need a stop.