NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Skip Bayless better watch out, this dude is coming for his job.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Clearly you don't watch a lot of actual soccer, either.

Hell no. When I was in my early 20s I lived with a bunch of college kids I worked with and the tv was always on sports. Any sport. They put a soccer game on once. The entire 2nd half of the game (which was the half we had the game on for) both teams literally just walked around passing the ball. For the entire half. 45 minutes of literal walking around the field. Not once did a single person even jog for a couple seconds.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Hard to see him getting picked up by anyone, at least in a starting role.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hell no. When I was in my early 20s I lived with a bunch of college kids I worked with and the tv was always on sports. Any sport. They put a soccer game on once. The entire 2nd half of the game (which was the half we had the game on for) both teams literally just walked around passing the ball. For the entire half. 45 minutes of literal walking around the field. Not once did a single person even jog for a couple seconds.

I assume the game was lopsided, or it happened to be one of those quirky situations where it's the final game of the group stage and two teams playing each other can both advance if they tie. Kind of a shitty way to do it, but more often than not, the game isn't that competitive in that situation and the final 10-15 minutes they just give up all pretense of trying to score and just kick the ball around.

But seriously, not normal.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Was overseas recently and they always had soccer on at lunch. One day the announcers and the soccer fans were raving about this coach. One of the americans asked "why do they even need a coach, they just run around like kids on a playground". The soccer fans pulled the coaches dick out of their mouths and proceeded to teach us more about the game than I ever wanted to know. The only thing I learned was that a coach is needed, and trust me when I say that's more than I wanted to know.

Hard to see him getting picked up by anyone, at least in a starting role.

He's a big boy, maybe he can play tight end for the buccs.

• 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
This is great, Pete Carroll trending on Twitter.

1585077940079.png

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I assume the game was lopsided, or it happened to be one of those quirky situations where it's the final game of the group stage and two teams playing each other can both advance if they tie. Kind of a shitty way to do it, but more often than not, the game isn't that competitive in that situation and the final 10-15 minutes they just give up all pretense of trying to score and just kick the ball around.

But seriously, not normal.

I'm sure it wasn't normal, but it was hilarious. I'm pretty sure it was 2 good teams (basing my entire knowledge of good teams on how their stats/ranks/etc. were in FIFA around that time) and it was 1-1. It was also literally the entire 2nd half, not just the last few minutes.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm sure it wasn't normal, but it was hilarious. I'm pretty sure it was 2 good teams (basing my entire knowledge of good teams on how their stats/ranks/etc. were in FIFA around that time) and it was 1-1. It was also literally the entire 2nd half, not just the last few minutes.

In my limited experience, soccer games are typically non-stop sprinting mixed with the occasional dramatic flop.

• 1Solidarity