NFL 2020 Season: Gravy Edition!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Melvin Gordon to the Broncos for 2 years 16M. Went right to a rival.

Wonder if this means Royce Freeman will get cut? Already have him and Lindsay who had 1k yards as an undrafted rookie...now they sign Gordon? Weird.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. Miami paying Jordan Howard 2/10 looks even worse now.

I disagree. Gordon hasn't been all that. Gordon in one more year and 10 more games of playing time has 345 more yards. Howard has two 16 game seasons and a 15 game one. Gordon has one 16 game season and a 14 gamer. Last year Gordon rocked out 87 more yards in two more games.

If I needed a dependable, workhorse back that wouldn't cost too much the next couple years, Howard looks like a younger, cheaper upgrade over Gordon. Based on past history, Gordon has wasted a lot of potential the past 5 years and I wouldn't trust him to earn that money back...especially with a very good RB draft coming up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I disagree. Gordon hasn't been all that. Gordon in one more year and 10 more games of playing time has 345 more yards. Howard has two 16 game seasons and a 15 game one. Gordon has one 16 game season and a 14 gamer. Last year Gordon rocked out 87 more yards in two more games.

If I needed a dependable, workhorse back that wouldn't cost too much the next couple years, Howard looks like a younger, cheaper upgrade over Gordon. Based on past history, Gordon has wasted a lot of potential the past 5 years and I wouldn't trust him to earn that money back...especially with a very good RB draft coming up.
Gordon's a better receiver and pretty sure he's a bit better after contact than Howard. Also, Howard is literally a 1 cut dude. That's the most replaceable thing in the NFL. That's random middle round or undrafted free agents or dudes from practice squads. Gordon has had some injury concerns but Howard missed 6 games last year too.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gordon does have good hands.

He also is one of the better guys finding the end zone from inside the 10. Wouldn't seem that way with rest of his stats sometimes, but guy produces in fantasy.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
90057143_3133975146647231_4556194856279474176_n.jpg

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
What I want to see happen is Jameis Winston to go the Patriots, both teams meet in the Superbowl, the Patriots destroy the Bucs then 3 years later we find out they cheated to win and all of their careers are tainted forever.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
What I want to see happen is Jameis Winston to go the Patriots, both teams meet in the Superbowl, the Patriots destroy the Bucs then 3 years later we find out they cheated to win and all of their careers are tainted forever.

I want to see Jameis succeed and joked in the past about him going to the Patriots. I'm OK with this scenario but not til after Brady wins the SB at home this season.