NFL Postseason 2017 - Where Romo Gets His Ring

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This QB named Wilson has been known to make some pretty insane scrambles and passes.

Really though I think Rodgers is probably the best QB mechanics / play wise though best is certainly open to discussion. That being said he will never be as successful as Brady. Brady is the greatest NFL QB of all time.

Wilson doesn't have quite as much arm strength as Rodgers does in order to make some of the throws into tight windows that Rodgers does. Also, Wilson will escape the pocket much more with his scrambling...while Rodgers is constantly adjusting himself inside of it. Reminds me of Bell's patient running style with the Steelers. Rodgers keeps making space for himself with his footwork until someone uncovers.

Merrith

Rodgers has been sacked like 40 times, Brady was sacked less than 20. Please, scrambling is the most overrated aspect of any QB. Move in the pocket and get the ball out. Brady is head and shoulders above Rodgers. Manning was head and shoulders above Rodgers. He has way too much crash and burn in him. You've got your opinion and that's fine, it's just wrong. Give me the QB who would have had that touchdown in 3 seconds over the guy that can't read the defense from the line and get the ball out.

And you have your opinion an it's fine. Big Ben gets sacked a lot more when he looks to extend plays as well, but they also get monster gains out of it just as often if not more so. Brady in some ways is chained to that system of getting the ball out quick, and doesn't get enough credit for how well he can throw the ball downfield because of it. Being mobile is not overrated in the slightest. It's one of the reasons that Rodgers at his peak, plays the position better than Brady or Manning. Full stop.

No question though that Brady is the most successful QB of all time and I think already the best QB of all time (and if he gets a 5th ring, there literally should be no more real debate about it). I just believe Rodgers at his peak plays the position at the highest level we've ever seen. His consistency isn't always there, and obviously his head coach has wasted a lot of his prime years.

Merrith

Brady had Moss for 2 years. Just stop.

And yea Jordy Nelson is "just a guy". Fucking lol

I like Jordy Nelson a lot, but I have to shake my head at the idea that Nelson/Driver/Jennings are in any way shape or form on the level that Moss and Gronk were at their positions/roles. Could even throw Welker's name in there as best slot receiver for a couple of years (Pats system and Brady did help a lot in his case). Brady had a bunch of nobody WR's earlier in his career, but he's had weapons in the 2nd half of his career quite a bit. His consistency with whoever has surrounded him is simply unreal.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wilson also had the benefit of the best defense and best RB in the league for a couple of years..... and still managed to throw the game away against NE.

Without Beast mode and those cheap as chips rookie contracts to save cap room for the O-Line, Wilson is pretty much Joe Flacco.

• 2Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I like Jordy Nelson a lot, but I have to shake my head at the idea that Nelson/Driver/Jennings are in any way shape or form on the level that Moss and Gronk were at their positions/roles. Could even throw Welker's name in there as best slot receiver for a couple of years (Pats system and Brady did help a lot in his case). Brady had a bunch of nobody WR's earlier in his career, but he's had weapons in the 2nd half of his career quite a bit. His consistency with whoever has surrounded him is simply unreal.

Nelson is unquestionably one of the top 5 wide outs in the league right now and (unlike Moss) runs routes better than anyone. But a lot of his success has more to do with the years of trust and game experience he has with Rodgers. Realistically, Jordy is not even in the top three receivers in team history (Sterling Sharpe, James Lofton, Robert Brooks, and maybe Don Bebe were better plus Andre Rison was at least as good) and is definitely below Welker, Gronk, Moss, Megatron, Fitzgerald, and a few others from recent years. He just happens to be experienced and the perfect fit for our QB and system. The guys who tend to do well with Rodgers are the ones he has trust in, which is one area where Favre and Manning had it over Rodgers, because they could throw and make a star out of a water boy. I think Brady is somewhere in between that, but he is noticeably worse when his main safety blankets have been out.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wilson also had the benefit of the best defense and best RB in the league for a couple of years..... and still managed to throw the game away against NE.

Without Beast mode and those cheap as chips rookie contracts to save cap room for the O-Line, Wilson is pretty much Joe Flacco.

You're completely wrong and the Seahawks ass fucking your team in the national championship has made you pretty salty.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pats.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You're completely wrong and the Seahawks ass fucking your team in the national championship has made you pretty salty.
I am salty and it's not the game winning interception, baby seal division, or championship game fiasco that makes me mad. It's McCarthy calling such a bad game that he might as well have been on Sneaky Pete's coaching staff, and yet retained his job.

It was almost worth losing to see this happen, even if it was for the Asterisk s....
maxresdefault.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moontayle

Golden Squire
That made me laugh harder than I should have. This reminds of the time Seattle with a losing record faced the Saints in that the Texans are just as big of dogs, not that they will win.
Seattle was at home though, and even at 7-9 they were dangerous there. Then there was the ultimate Beast Mode run that felt like Lynch was channeling Tecmo Bo.

Houston is on the road and might be one of the more uninspiring 9-7 teams in recent years to win a division. They ran over a team playing their 3rd string rookie QB to get to this point.

Basically. They're cooked. Belichick can play base cover 2 zone all game, only ever rush 4, and they'll keep Houston under 10. Brady can run 3-wide and just hit short crossing routes all day while occasionally handing off to Blount and they'll score more than 20. There isn't a single aspect of Houston's team that should scare anyone.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Nelson is unquestionably one of the top 5 wide outs in the playoffs right now and (unlike Moss) runs routes better than anyone. But a lot of his success has more to do with the years of trust and game experience he has with Rodgers. Realistically, Jordy is not even in the top three receivers in team history (Sterling Sharpe, James Lofton, Robert Brooks, and maybe Don Bebe were better plus Andre Rison was at least as good) and is definitely below Welker, Gronk, Moss, Megatron, Fitzgerald, and a few others from recent years. He just happens to be experienced and the perfect fit for our QB and system. The guys who tend to do well with Rodgers are the ones he has trust in, which is one area where Favre and Manning had it over Rodgers, because they could throw and make a star out of a water boy. I think Brady is somewhere in between that, but he is noticeably worse when his main safety blankets have been out.

Fixed

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
If a team scores on the Packers to take the lead and there is like 1 minute left and no timeouts, I automatically assume that Rodgers is going to drive them down and win the game. There really isn't anyone else I feel so surely about completing that task even Brady and Manning Prime.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Nelson had the 6th most yards and the most receiving TDs this season. I know your Boston fan levels Cowboys fan, but anyone without Dez Bryants cock in their mouth would admit that places him in the top five. But as a fan (Jordy is probably my favorite Packer), I will be the first to admit that Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, and Fitz are better receivers. And on the days when his head is not up his ass, OBJ is likely a better receiver too. But he is definitely at least the fifth best guy in the league at his position and likely the only receiver we have who would have similar success on another team.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If a team scores on the Packers to take the lead and there is like 1 minute left and no timeouts, I automatically assume that Rodgers is going to drive them down and win the game. There really isn't anyone else I feel so surely about completing that task even Brady and Manning Prime.

It didn't used to be that way and it was one of the major knocks on him when most of us were butthurt about MM dumping Favre a year or two too early. During that last SB run, though, something clicked and now he is arguably the best 2 minute drill QB in football. Which makes sense, because Marino was one of his favorite QBs as a kid and that was one of his specialties.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last edited:
  • 2Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
That list doesn't invalidate my argument at all, so you may get a salty for your efforts. Manning and Brady played for a combined, what, 400 fucking years? That Ben drive was a phenomenal thing of beauty and he's obviously a scary player to face but again, if there's a minute left and the Steelers get the ball, I'm thinking maybe. If it's Rodgers (and like Phaz said, it's recent history) I'm thinking "That team is fucked" and I'm a Bears fan who fucking hates Green Bay.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah its hilarious that even the Majik Man has as many comebacks as Rodgers.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes, this list does you retard...

Its not like Rodgers has played 3 years......hes fucking 33 years old

• 2Like