NFL Streaming Thread - 2017/18

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Great start so far. Roku removed the channel from the store, so you have to sideload it. Got that working, but RedZone isn't working (only Europe?) and none of the games are streaming.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Great start so far. Roku removed the channel from the store, so you have to sideload it. Got that working, but RedZone isn't working (only Europe?) and none of the games are streaming.
Roku is removing the side loading and locking you out of developer access. They just removed mine. Used it once.

Installed it on my Plex. Probably wont buy anything Roku again.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Probably wont buy anything Roku again.

Seen a lot of people saying this, and IDK. It WAS piracy. I knew the risks going in.

Taking away dev mode access does suck, but sounds like there's ways to fix that.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Seen a lot of people saying this, and IDK. It WAS piracy. I knew the risks going in.

Taking away dev mode access does suck, but sounds like there's ways to fix that.

How was that channel different from literally every other channel on Roku?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
s4u (the new nfl2go) is working mighty nice on Plex through my fire TV. Watched every game I wanted on Sunday and the Monday night games and only had them freeze up on me once or twice. The only thing that does kind of suck is if it freezes you have to back all the way out to your main plex screen and then click back into the s4u app as the "retry" button never seems to work. It's like the streams stale out or something and you have to refresh them, but oh well that's minor for having access to every game.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Make sure you set the rate to 10000 for plex. I have heard the streams can lock up otherwise.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I wish they had that green stream through Plex. That one works flawlessly through chrome. The red one always has a couple of hitches through any device/app.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Good grief. Fucking Roku. I run Plex off a QNAP NAS so had to ssh in and copy over the s4u plugin to the appropriate directory. Should not be this complicated to make piracy happen.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Btw, I switched to using my PS4's browser to watch S4U in my living room, since my laptop is on the fritz lately. It's not ideal but it works pretty well, with zero setup hassle.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The Plex set up was really easy. Still using it on my Roku.

Yeah it doesn't sound too bad, but my only computer is having issues lately and I doubt I can stream Plex off of it very smoothly right now.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Not wanting to bother with coinbase, is the nfl.com service decent? Seems like it has a good bit of extras, condensed viewing and different angles.

edit: east coast checking in. Being able to rewatch games in the middle of the day whenever seems like a good idea. If it indeed works as advertised.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I just use the streams listed on reddit nflstreams and watched a couple games and redzone without any issues.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user