NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Too bad Detroit didn't do much with their 3-1 series lead. I don't like their chances in game 7 vs. Chicago.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Chicago hasn't lost a playoff game 7 at home since 1971, when they played the Habs in the Stanley Cup finals.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Have only played 3 Game 7's at home since then...but still.
That + Chicago's home record this year (95% win) + Detroit's away record this year (~50% win) + powerplay working again + figuring out Detroit's jimmy rustling = it's Chicago's game to lose.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the bigger stat they showed was that Detroit has given up the most 3rd period goals of any team in the playoffs. Granted, they've played the max number of games, but still they had given up far more in 3rd's than in 1st or 2nd periods so far...could be tired legs getting to them, and a 2nd straight 7 game series isn't going to help that at all

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were particularly bad in the third against the ducks. They blew a bunch of multi goal leads in the series.

Wings have a lot of new blood getting their first real playoff experience and they are making a bunch of rookie mistakes.

Ultimately, the hockey gods are punishing us for having bertuzzi on the team.

Merrith

Gotta give them credit Ishad, a lot of people wrote them off from even making the playoffs without Lidstrom this year (and up until the very end with Columbus charging). Upsetting the Ducks and pushing Chicago to 7 is still good experience for the young guys even if they don't pull off this upset.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm pretty thrilled with how the season has gone. They've performed way above expectations, especially since they have been missing helm all season.

They have arguably the biggest upset of the playoffs already and could cement that with a game 7 win.

Our prospect pool is awesome and Howard has proven to be a legit #1.

Merrith

Assuming they let NHL players go to the Olympics next year (which they should)...Quick better be starting for the US.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Assuming they let NHL players go to the Olympics next year (which they should)...Quick better be starting for the US.
Sure, whatever. Canada will still beat them.

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Bet they didn't blow the whistle there because of the earlier fuck up in this series.

Come on Penner, gotta get a better shot there.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I don't honestly know what to feel about SJ facing LA. Given their past, that series could go either way. At least we aren't facing The Hawks? I dunno. This somehow seems worse for us. The Hawks taking a fat dump on Detroit gives them an easier round. Even if we beat LA, they will have beaten the hell out of us by the end of the series. I feel like The Hawks are getting a red carpet to the cup.
heh.

Predictions for Round 2

Hawks over Red Wings
Kings over Sharks
Senators over Penguins
Bruins over Rangers
3-1 for 2nd round, not bad. Would have been 4-0 but I picked the Sens only because I hate the Pens, it was a prediction borne out of pure spite.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Holy shit, that coulda killed Quick. The fuck was that. Embellishment when you get a stick to the fucking throat. Good call refs.