NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Kings and Hawks is going to be a tough slog due to Quick.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty much the outcome I expected: shifty goals off the transition by LA and Quick stealing quality chances. Even though I expected it, it's still a bummer. I hope the Hawks win now because I really don't want to watch LA win another cup.

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Pretty much the outcome I expected: shifty goals off the transition by LA and Quick stealing quality chances. Even though I expected it, it's still a bummer. I hope the Hawks win now because I really don't want to watch LA win another cup.
You will watch it and fucking like it with your mouth closed.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
You will watch it and fucking like it with your mouth closed.
BANDWAGONER! I guess. I'm bitter. Fuck all of these pe...ople...ugh. You know halfway through this season I thought we should blow this fucking team up, but if we have a healthy roster...I dunno. Fucking hockey. I'm mostly annoyed that I have to wait until October to watch my team.

Oh, and I still hate Brown.

Kings and Hawks is going to be a tough slog due to Quick.
cant wait for the wings & hawks tonight.

Hal9JpA.jpg

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
At what point does Sather get his ass fired? Sure he manages to put together a pretty good team most years, but they haven't accomplished much in the playoffs during his tenure and there's been some fucking awful contracts signed on his watch.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At what point does Sather get his ass fired? Sure he manages to put together a pretty good team most years, but they haven't accomplished much in the playoffs during his tenure and there's been some fucking awful contracts signed on his watch.
He has drafted and traded pretty well, but they need to keep him from signing another free agent ever.

So torts to Vancouver now?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Dunno why there's so much hate for Torts. He's one of the best quotes in the game and has been very successful for the most part. I find him entertaining as hell. He's also a pretty stand up guy, making comments on Monday that he didn't do a good enough job to get the players emotionally prepared for the second round etc. I much prefer him to a lot of other coaches and especially players who really don't say anything of substance 98% of the time they speak.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I agree that he is a very successful coach. He made some questionable moves this season for sure but I don't think he deserved to get fired.

As a person, he drove me nuts. The snarky attitude he always had towards press I can look past (shit gets old real quick) but the way he calls out his own players, calling them "idiots" and pointing out how "terrible" an aspect of their gameplay is, is poor form. That shit doesnt light fires, it embarreses players and forms complexes.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
they need to keep him from signing another free agent ever.
So much this. Frankly if he sticks around I wonder how much he overpays Lundy on his next deal. Not saying Henrik isn't in the top tier of goalies, but I think these days there is a limit to how much you need to be paying your goaltender.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Detroit's defense really needs to shape up. Terrible at clearing and in bad positions way too often.