NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Y3MmKM0.gif

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
welp, didnt realize crawford was a canuck

p.s. i think 48 games of regular season is much more representative of a goalie's skill than 13 games of playoffs.
It's okay bro, I had to google it myself. In the end no one cares how good you are int the regular season, ask the sharks and Canuck fans about that. Quick was a beast last playoffs and he's a beast again this playoffs. He'll be a tougher test than Howard.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man I really wish I could have watched this game=/

Anyways, my picks for the playoffs have been pretty spot on so far, no reason to change my method.

Penguins vs. Bruins:Penguins
Blackhawks vs. Kings:Penguins

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
with Vokoun in the net, the world will tremble before them.

how is your brother doing?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
with Vokoun in the net, the world will tremble before them.

how is your brother doing?
He seems to have moved on to the acceptance stage. Clear this has been building for awhile, it was just cruel of Fleury to play really well all regular season and get his hopes back up.

As for Vokoun

rrr_img_27417.png

6-1 so far.

He does give up too many rebounds, could be a problem with Chara's big lurchy ass and the other dirty B's fucks swarming around the net. That said, way more comfortable with him there now than I would be with MAF.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Kings suck on the road this off season.

Hawks in 6 is my prediction

Bruins in 7

Merrith

regular season GAA

3. Crawford
4. Emery
9. Howard
19. Quick

regular season SV%
6. Crawford
10. Howard
11. Emery
38. Quick

maybe Crawford should head up the Olympic team next year
I mean, we could use his regular season numbers when he was coming off back surgery. Or we could look at what he did last year in the playoffs...

06-12-12-jonathan-quick-conn-smythe-cropjpg-8a545595aaac2576.jpg

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I thought the Kings/Hawks series was supposed to start on Friday, Kings/Wings would have started Saturday. Guessing there was some TV network cock sucking to get the day changed so they could have a Saturday afternoon game.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I mean, we could use his regular season numbers when he was coming off back surgery. Or we could look at what he did last year in the playoffs...

06-12-12-jonathan-quick-conn-smythe-cropjpg-8a545595aaac2576.jpg
and Emery and Crawford won the William Jennings trophy this year. And frankly I think the Jennings trophy is more impressive than the Conn Smythe

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
So do you think the President's Trophy is more impressive than the Stanley Cup?
Sure, if the Stanley Cup was decided by anonymous vote on whom a bunch of sportswriters felt most deserved the championship.

But it's not.

Merrith

...and if the President's trophy was awarded to a single position for a team accomplishment.

But it's not. Comparing the Jennings to the Conn Smythe is laughable.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, its hilarious how one is decided entirely arbitrarily and the other one is grounded in actual stats, stats that used to determine the Vezina trophy.

Ho ho ho.

Merrith

Yeah, its hilarious how one is decided entirely arbitrarily and the other one is grounded in actual stats, stats that used to determine the Vezina trophy.

Ho ho ho.
Although for the 4th year in a row, a Jennings winner will not win the Vezina.