NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Methodical_sl

shitlord
Based off projected points of eighth placed teams, 52 East and 53 west.Sorted by W% needed.

rrr_img_19314.jpg

rrr_img_19314.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And Dupuis dove into the boards to ham that hit up. Even you're homer eyes can see that Grimmlok.
He didn't dive, he went down awkward and it looked worse than it was. Just like the Kunitz hit(except that one was shoulder to shoulder). Neither should be a fine or suspension or really even a penalty. It's just unfortunate shit that happens in hockey.

I'm not being a homer(aside from the retarded "Pitt gets the calls" shit, when they had zero power plays one game ago...), it's the same thing I've been bitching about for 2 years. Every single hit that happens results in some 30 post debate about whether it's dirty or not. It's just a recent part of the game that I fucking hate. There's no good hits anymore, it's all just talk about whether a hit should be a suspension or not. Every single time.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
how will Sid manage to deep throat Bettman's cock during playoffs with a broken jaw?

or can this truly be the year that he will get on all fours and let Gary split him like a coconut?

Bane_sl

shitlord
He didn't dive, he went down awkward and it looked worse than it was. Just like the Kunitz hit(except that one was shoulder to shoulder). Neither should be a fine or suspension or really even a penalty. It's just unfortunate shit that happens in hockey.

I'm not being a homer(aside from the retarded "Pitt gets the calls" shit, when they had zero power plays one game ago...), it's the same thing I've been bitching about for 2 years. Every single hit that happens results in some 30 post debate about whether it's dirty or not. It's just a recent part of the game that I fucking hate. There's no good hits anymore, it's all just talk about whether a hit should be a suspension or not. Every single time.
"Went down awkward"? Yes. It was awkward because he tried to make it look worse. You try falling on purpose into the boards nd make it not look awkward.

There's plenty of good hits out there but the league has created thi mindset because they haven't had a single ounce of objectivity and consistency on these hits so people can find examples everywhere of good hits that were suspend able for certain teams and not for others.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Reading the Penguins HFBoards right now is hilarious listening to kids talk about how he will lose like 30lbs because his jaw may get wired shut and how he will need high calorie diets and shit. Complete morons.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Grimm, the Pens do get the benefit of the doubt more than almost any other team. Yes, I did single out Cooke, because his rep goes well beyond his time in Pittsburgh, and it's been such a public thing even among his own team (hell just look at the Karlsson incident).

I take offense to calling Ovechkin dirty btw. He has played very reckless in the past, but he's not a dirty player. Plenty of borderline hits, and a few that have definitely crossed the line, but he's not a guy looking to hurt people, he just plays hard and physical, like any other hitter that every team loves and defends. You go long enough, you're going to have some bad hits as a result of that. Even he has toned it down in the last couple years, whether because of the suspensions or just general wear and tear.

Merrith

Why are they saying out indefinitely for Sid anyways? I get that he had to have surgery for the broken jaw, but they reported no concussion symptoms or anything like that. I'd assume he'd probably miss most of the rest of the regular season, but they have guards he can wear to help protect it once he's recovered enough.

Merrith

He's a little bitch.

And take offense all day, Ovie is dirty. Dude has never made a hit he didn't jump on, except when he's going knee to knee=P
Come on Grimm, I expect more from you than the 95% of Pens fans who are morons and don't realize that if both feet leave the ice after contact (usually because of said contact) it's not an illegal hit. When I think of dirty I don't think of guys who play the game hard, I think of shitheads like Orpik and Kunitz who do their best to get away with all kinds of shit away from the play and in scrums. Although Marchand still has them all beat nowadays.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wow. Have fun with Handzeus, Araysar. Thanks for the fourth rounder. Our strategy was to make our team better via dropping Zeus, and a genuine cup contender worse by adding him to their team. He's good on face-offs and the shootout...bout it. One of the slowest skaters i've ever seen.

I hear the fourth we got back was our own too lol. Murray and Zeus gone! Now all we need is to trade Clowie.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Handzeus has 2 points in 28 games. I'm not impressed

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Five in a row for the sharks! Only three times that to catch up to the pens streak! Wooo. Clowe will soon be out. He was a healthy scratch this game. Way too many teams wanting him to guess where he is going to end up. Hopefully it's not Vancouver! Oh, and sweeping the Nucks feels somewhat dandy.