NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
He's tied for 12th right now, and was tied for 11th when I originally posted.
e49fKVV.png

JdxQF9J.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
i guess he got me there.

still so pissed about hawks letting ladd go, guy used to play on our 3rd line, thats how deep we were

Methodical_sl

shitlord
08:35 Toronto James Van Riemsdyk: 2 minutes, tripping
08:35 Ottawa Kyle Turris: 2 minutes, diving

JVR trips Turris, gets penalty.Turris gets diving.Not even possible.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i guess he got me there.

still so pissed about hawks letting ladd go, guy used to play on our 3rd line, thats how deep we were
Ladd has been good for Atlanta/Winnipeg too. Dude that team you guys had was so fucking stacked. I think the year after you had something like only 14 or 15 guys signed and less than $10 mill in cap space leftover to sign 8 or 9 more guys. You had to do some cap relief. But what a roster it was.

Also Backstrom with a goal and assist tonight, so I'm sure he'll move up even higher than 12th. Ovechkin 2 more goals and an assist. Magic number down to 4...we beat Winnipeg in regulation on Tuesday night and we clinch #3 seed.

Merrith

Here you go Araysar

mihs0i.jpg

It's weird how only one team has 3 guys in the top 12 in points.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's weird how only one team has 3 guys in the top 12 in points.
ASTERISK!

Though to be fair the main injured Penguin still leads the league. Despite taking April off.

Speaking of, we talked Vezina so how about the Hart? The obvious choice will have missed half the season so it actually gets a bit more interesting. Think Ovie has wrapped it up in the last month or so? Kane/Toews gonna split votes for Chicago's performance? Bergeron doesn't have the production. No goalie has stood out so far above the rest that they'd get some Hasek action going.

Merrith

ASTERISK!

Though to be fair the main injured Penguin still leads the league. Despite taking April off.

Speaking of, we talked Vezina so how about the Hart? The obvious choice will have missed half the season so it actually gets a bit more interesting. Think Ovie has wrapped it up in the last month or so? Kane/Toews gonna split votes for Chicago's performance? Bergeron doesn't have the production. No goalie has stood out so far above the rest that they'd get some Hasek action going.
Some writer I read recently made a good point...if you're going to dock Sid (and lets face it, if he were healthy there would be no debate about the Hart) for not being around for April, you kind of have to dock Ovechkin for being virtually absent (along with the rest of the Caps) for the first month of the season as well.

Surprised you didn't mention Tavares Grimm. In the race for the Richard, leading the Isles back to the playoffs (most likely anyways). Won their huge game today against Winnipeg with the clincher in the shootout. I think Sid further gets hurt by how strong the Pens roster is. He's out and they really haven't missed too much of a beat. I really think Tavares could be a finalist, but not sure if he'll win it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah he's up there for sure. Really good on the PP too. He's kind of dragged ass on D when I've seen them play the Pens this year, and that's something they only pay attention to when a guy doesn't have overwhelming offensive numbers. Datsyuk was always way up there despite not dominating the scoring because he's always just so damn solid top to bottom. Could work out the other way for Tavares. Of course, it's a lot easier to look good all around on a stacked team

Merrith

I think they'll overlook his D zone issues given the storyline of the Isles going back to the playoffs and him leading them. I've just heard his name pop up a lot more when the discussion for the Hart has been going on the last couple weeks.

No kidding about Dats though. Guy is a damn wizard at ripping the puck off from guys. One quick stick lift and he's gone the other way before you know what happened.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
08:35 Toronto James Van Riemsdyk: 2 minutes, tripping
08:35 Ottawa Kyle Turris: 2 minutes, diving

JVR trips Turris, gets penalty.Turris gets diving.Not even possible.
Are you new to hockey? That shit happens all the time. In fact I'd say most diving penalties are accompanied by the other player also being called, because an infraction did happen, but the diver decided to embellish it anyways.

Methodical_sl said:
New to hockey? Or just stupid? Take your pick.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
ASTERISK!

Dont forget about Craig Anderson. He single-handedly got Ottawa to the playoffs.

Merrith

Dont forget about Craig Anderson. He single-handedly got Ottawa to the playoffs.
I could buy him as a finalist too, especially considering how everyone wrote them off after Karlsson got hurt. Problem is in recent years everyone always points out that goalies have their own trophy and unless absolutely being the only reason their team did anything (see: insane numbers) they usually don't make the cut. Never seems to hurt them when it comes to the Conn Smythe though. If Crosby doesn't win the Hart, he'll definitely win the Lindsay (Most Outstanding Player voted on by other players).