NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Announcers said not reviewable, but I thought all goals were reviewed? Is it like, just the fact it hit the back netting not reviewable so even if they see it happened they have to pretend not?? What the fuck? On the bright side the NHL is willing to change this shit on the fly to fix it so it shouldn't happen again.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Yeah, I don't think its reviewable but how do 4 fucking refs miss that shit and how did they not blow their whistles in the first place when they fucking do it every 10 seconds anyways on those kinds of shots. (also, obviously that should be reviewable.)

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
That's great. Canucks been goonin it up lately. Come on Goalies, get involved!!!

John Tortorella is hilarious.

Fadaar

That guy
Wait that counted as a goal? Wtf? Also I'm glad that Yzerman didn't want St. Louis for team Canada, he definitely isn't a good player. /sarcasm. Maybe he'll take Stamkos' spot if he can't go.

Krag

Peasant
Announcers said not reviewable, but I thought all goals were reviewed? Is it like, just the fact it hit the back netting not reviewable so even if they see it happened they have to pretend not?? What the fuck? On the bright side the NHL is willing to change this shit on the fly to fix it so it shouldn't happen again.
Judgement calls aren't reviewable, like goalie interference and whether ref blew the whistle and such, but I have no clue how that particular situation couldn't be reviewed. I don't know if there's some specific rule preventing it, which would have to be spectacularly stupid.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Great game between Chicago and Boston just now. Chicago deserved to win it, I think.

I wish they'd go to more overtime before shootout.

Bout fucking time.
rrr_img_57409.jpg

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Apparently Fleury is having his postseason meltdown at the halfway point this year...
I was gonna laugh that you guys are stuck with him forever with a terrible contract, but actually his contract isn't all that expensive and it's done after next year. So there's that.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was gonna laugh that you guys are stuck with him forever with a terrible contract, but actually his contract isn't all that expensive and it's done after next year. So there's that.
Pens front office is on point as fuck. MAF's contract is going away if they want, and Sid/Malkin/Neal/Letang are here long term if they want. Plus they have 2 serious goalie prospects in the pipeline.

Hate all you want, this front office if fuckin' cash money. I was scared Geno would opt out before he signed the newest deal, but he doubled down. And I was scared about Staal and not sold when they dealt him, but Sutter has more than replaced him and they absolutely won that deal so far.Ifthey get healthy before the playoffs I will absolutely have my home boys as favorites over even the best of the West, but that's a massive if and of course hangs on Fleury....so....man...I suddenly feel less cocky...

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Well, the Pens are pretty much the only team that has a hope in hell against the 3 or 4 behemoths in the West, I'll give them that.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
After a sloppy 1st period, some intense hockey here in the 2nd in NY. As if on cue, the snows started falling. This is good stuff!

Edit: and Zuc just scored his second, yankee stadium is going nuts.