NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Hawks are looking unstoppable.

Team of destiny

EvasiveGoose_sl

shitlord
Reddit r/wildhockey seems to think Bryzgalov is an amazing goaltender. Let's do the stats:

Games Played:4 Wins: 1 Losses: 3 Goals Against: 12 Shots: 67 Saves: 55 Save%: .821 Goals Against Average: 4.16

That's not good.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently the refs and Rangers have decided that instead of hockey tonight we will be holding a figure skating exhibition.

edit: And as I cried about that Carcillo took a penalty to even it up a little bit=P

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yea well they gave the pens a goal and tried to wave one off last game so I don't wanna hear that shit.

Not like it matters with this NY PP anyhow.

Edit: haha Bortuzzo hamming up that cross check yo

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
That Carcillo audio was priceless. "It's always a fucking spear with you!" to Neal right after whacking at Hanks hunk junk.

Lundy comming up big in the second, this could easily be a 5 goal game for pitts.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Them refs are always against the Pens.
Look at the numbers princess, God knows you have time since there's no Caps playoff hockey to be distracted by.

And yeah, Lundy is playing his dick off.

Also not sure how much Bortuzzo was hamming up that cross check, it did get him right in the ribs. But holy fuck did he deserve it after the pussy shit cross check on St Louis that Nash was retaliating for.

edit: Now Kunitz sold the shit out of that Dorsett hit to get the penalty there=P No worse than Carcillo on the first one, but yeah...

edit2:T. O. D.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rangers numbers are weird. They've lost 13 straight playoff games when they have the lead in the series. That shit's crazy. Also they've haven't scored on 29 straight power plays.

Also the schedule for them is pretty fucked up. 6 games in 9 days is some old bullshit.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rangers numbers are weird. They've lost 13 straight playoff games when they have the lead in the series. That shit's crazy. Also they've haven't scored on 29 straight power plays.

Also the schedule for them is pretty fucked up. 6 games in 9 days is some old bullshit.
Yea, as Roenik japed about a dozen freaking time's, Rangers should just start declining the PP. In round one they played a solid 5on5. Felt there was a total of like 7 minutes of 5 a side hockey last night and everytime the pens drew a penalty I wanted to stick a fork in my eye.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And there's their greatest problem. If you can't capitalize on opportunities like power plays, you can't win in the playoffs.
Well, if your PK is on the ball you can. '10-'11 Bruins were terrible on the power play, but they were pretty dope on the PK and great even strength.

edit: BTW on the 4th PP the Rangers did show some signs of life. Had multiple great opportunities, Flower just made the saves. But it bodes well for them aside from the whole giving Kunitz a breakaway coming out of the box part.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, if your PK is on the ball you can. '10-'11 Bruins were terrible on the power play, but they were pretty dope on the PK and great even strength.

edit: BTW on the 4th PP the Rangers did show some signs of life. Had multiple great opportunities, Flower just made the saves. But it bodes well for them aside from the whole giving Kunitz a breakaway coming out of the box part.
B's broke the mold a lot that year though, only team to win the Cup playing 3 Game 7's, plus they had Thomas on acid that playoffs.

I'm sure the numbers this year tell a different picture but the refs usually are not against the Pens (if not exactly for them either) most of the time.

With no Caps playoff games I only have time to wonder how much more shit Ovechkin would be taking from the media if this was him.

tumblr_inline_n52v1vDCGF1sof25j.gif