NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Great 3rd period from the Wild tonight. That backhand Granlund scored for the second goal of the night was just sick.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having trouble with star players? Just take em out | Post-to-Post

Official no discipline for Staal.

hGvjln.gif

Now, you could argue he was only trying to slash the stick/hands on that one. It gets more damning when you combine it with this one though.

cropped_crosby.gif

Pierre called it "old school hockey".

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
You telling me if we had a camera following Orpik around for a full game you wouldn't see the same thing?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
First one was him going for his stick for sure. Staal isn't a dirty player. Who knows with that second one, but I would wager it was retaliatory. If I remember correctly that was the same shift so it's likely Crosby took a whack back at Staal after his totes innocent head chop. Ya know, Ol' skool hockey bro!

Debating grabbing tix to the garden tonight. I just know that with my luck thats a death sentence for Rangers.

Great 3rd period from the Wild tonight. That backhand Granlund scored for the second goal of the night was just sick.
Yes it was, Hawks just might have a fight on their hands. Neither team has played a complete game yet though, so we'll see when somebody can hit the go button for all three periods.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes I am telling you that. Find me Orpik taking two swings at a dude's head in one shift.
Usually it's Kunitz giving the crosschecks to the chin of the opposing goalie. Orpik just sticks to slashes to wrists and knees/ankles behind the play most of the time.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope, Staal definitely not targeting Sid's head this series.

Marc Staal going for Crosbys head again

To be fair he also got Malkin in the face with a high stick tonight, so it's not JUST Sid.

edit: Actually think that was Kreider, so Stall is still all Sidhead all the time.

This appears totally unintentional, but is much funnier.

FlickeringWhoppingBantamrooster.gif

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Sheesh, no score after three with Boston and Montreal tonight. Overtime about to start.

Pretty cool series. Net minders have been outstanding, especially Price.