NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Rangers looked really sharp last night. If they could be consistently like that, they have a good shot at the cup.

Rangers/Canadians would be a bloody awesome series.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Bruins finally played like they should have been all playoffs, and the Habs had no answer for it. I'm fairly confident that they'll win game 6 now. If not, I still don't see the habs pulling off a series win.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
If the Habs could use their speed to their advantage, they would win. They're a fast, strong team. If they could bring that to the power play, they'd score every time. What is the deal? Why can't they connect?

I'm not overly optimistic about them advancing, but I'd like to see it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2014 NHL Playoffs -- Shawn Thornton of Boston Bruins fined for squirting water at P.K. Subban of Montreal Canadiens - ESPN Boston

He seriously interfered with a guy going for the puck on the ice and got a $2800 fine? I know he didn't hook his eye out or something, but I'd think you really want to send a message that interfering with the game from the bench is unacceptable.

Still, Thornton's laugh after was pretty funny.

MediaCrush

/r/hockey gif of the week thread is pretty great.

sfgvww_jpg.gif

76.gif

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Quite the buzzkill after an otherwise stellar first for the Rangers. Well, that and the botched Stepan breakaway in the first minute.

Pretty fun game so far though.

Edit: Lundqvist going god-mode apparently.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Fleury came up pretty big in the third also. Shame the pens took so many bad penalties, really kicked their own ass there.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hate rooting for the Rangers. It would be glorious though if they came all the way back in Pittsburgh though.

If the Habs could use their speed to their advantage, they would win..
I don't know if thats true. I think thats commonly perceived, but not necessarily true.

The Bruins have young players like Krug, Bartkowski, Hamilton etc that don't have a problem with speed. If anything they have a harder time with a guy like PK Subban who's a big body and digs in the corners.

This is the most balanced Bruins team I've seen... in a LONG long time. Win or lose.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
FUCK YEAH WILD. FUCK YOU CHICAGO FUCKS!!!!!!!!
Seeing as I was obliterated on Friday, I didn't even remember writing this until I just noticed my tuconets and this gem...

No comment on the WILD today faggot? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW BITCH!
I wasn't able to watch the game last night but I stand by my previous statement. Though, I hold very little hope that the Wild will advance. The next game would be fun as hell to be at though. I have a feeling the X is going to be louder than it ever has been.