NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It sucks watching the Wild sputter into the playoffs like this. There was a stretch a couple months ago where we were playing really, really solid hockey. Like upset the Blackhawks level hockey. I don't see us as much more than a one and done team now.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
846615877.gif

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
have not been following the bruins like i should but, damn they're killing it this season, since december 21th(39 games) they are 29wins 4overtime 6 losses. in march 15-1-1....

The Ducks need to stop this "let's only play the last 20 minutes of the game and still win" kinda hockey. It might work against Winnipeg and a tired Edmonton, but it won't work in the playoffs.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bylsma just hit 250 wins in 396 games coached. 20 games faster than the second fastest, Bruce Boudreau. Of course it's a silly inflated number with the shootout. Toe Blake did it in 428 games. Just quick look shows Bylsma with 27 shootout wins(I think) so I guess his number is still fastest. Yay.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Hahaha, Power Rankings. Toronto dead last when they should be fighting their asses off for the last spot in the playoffs. They need to miss the playoffs for 20 years so that the stupid fans finally stop buying their tickets and merchandise and the poorly run franchise actually gets run differently. Bastards.

Colorado is pretty hot right now. Thoughts on these rankings?

NHL Hockey Power Rankings - Week Week 24 - National Hockey League - ESPN

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Hahaha, Power Rankings. Toronto dead last when they should be fighting their asses off for the last spot in the playoffs. They need to miss the playoffs for 20 years so that the stupid fans finally stop buying their tickets and merchandise and the poorly run franchise actually gets run differently. Bastards.

Colorado is pretty hot right now. Thoughts on these rankings?

NHL Hockey Power Rankings - Week Week 24 - National Hockey League - ESPN
Agree with the top 5 but I would put habs between the hawks and TB. Don't have much to say past number 15 though.

Av's are looking mighty beastly indeed but there defense rests mostly on Varlamov's shoulders and that can easily be there downfall come playoffs in the west. Not to mention these goalies have been dropping like flies! I just don't see them making it past the first round given their current competition.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Sheesh. One Canadian team is going to make it to the playoffs. That's pretty shitty.

Pitt is getting eliminated in the first round. Goaltending is their weakness, augmented by injuries. Boston is going to the cup game in the East. I hope St. Louis wins it all. First cup ever - what a party that would be.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm still holding out hope. Geno could come back! Letang too! '08-'09 Fleury could show up! All the pressure is off finally and on Boston. NO ONE BELIEVES IN THEM!

God..I am praying Columbus ends up in the 7 slot or the Pens probably won't even make it out of the first round. Not with Detroit just getting healthy and starting to peak.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
bro, its time to give up

its not happening

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Gillis fired from the nucks. As a Sharks fan I spent this year going from absolutely hating the canucks to feeling bad for them. That is a first.