NHL 2014-15 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nah, hasn't been locked up at all this season. 1-8 will be a race until the end of the year.
I'd probably bet a lot on the teams in 1-7 in the East being the same 1-7 at the end of the year. What order exactly, who know? But I don't see anyone from below 7 moving up into the top 7 unless a pretty big collapse happens. 9 or 10 points is hard to make up in 20-23 games.

Merrith

See you guys got Winnik, Grimm. I think you guys don't have any picks in first 4 rounds this year...supposed to be a decent draft at least. Don't mind Sill being out of our division.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Miller out, Kane out, looks like it's a perfect storm and the Kings are on on their way. FML.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
See you guys got Winnik, Grimm. I think you guys don't have any picks in first 4 rounds this year...supposed to be a decent draft at least. Don't mind Sill being out of our division.
I mean, between him and Perron they've made in-season moves that show they're not settling. Just no clue how it will work come playoff time. Leafs shouldering half Winnik's remaining salary cap hit is a big deal, Pens are tight there.

Couple minutes in to the game and Ovie still hasn't suffered a horrible injury, so I guess I'm not on God's good side.

Merrith

I mean, between him and Perron they've made in-season moves that show they're not settling. Just no clue how it will work come playoff time. Leafs shouldering half Winnik's remaining salary cap hit is a big deal, Pens are tight there.

Couple minutes in to the game and Ovie still hasn't suffered a horrible injury, so I guess I'm not on God's good side.
Heard Sill going the other way was part of the salary cap concern as well (along with Toronto taking on part of the salary).

Didn't take advantage of those power plays. I know they had been on ice a lot but was great to see them pull Ovechkin off for last half of that 3rd PP so Niskanen could shit show it up with that turnover. Just handed that goal on a silver platter. Oh well, I just hope Wilson doesn't lose his shit...not that I expect Downie to man up and accept a fight or anything piece of shit that he is. Lapierre might though, although he might be more in Latta's weight class. Not getting any on those PP's is going to hurt though, because we all know you guys will get a man advantage or two going forward.

Merrith

I undersold that...8 PP's total awarded in the 2nd period. I thought refs would be warming up for the playoffs by now. Not to much tonight. Weak calls both ways in that period.

Merrith

Somehow after 17 minor penalties in the first 2 periods only Fleury managed to get one in the 3rd. Weird game, you guys deserved it tonight.

Favorite part of the game was Eddie O trying to convince people Ward kneed Fleury in the head.

Merrith

Caps in freefall now. Looked like shit tonight.

Rumors though about talks with Chicago for Patrick Sharp. Names on our end that have come up were Marcus Johannson or Joel Ward. Not sure how that will work with the salary cap though since Sharp makes more than either of those guys, although who knows what total package is being discussed. Also he still has a couple years on his deal, and is on the wrong side of 30. If this was ~3-4 years ago like when a lot of Caps fans wanted them to make a move for him I'd be all for it, not so sure about him now.

Merrith

Gleason and Glencross for Hillen and 2nd/3rd/4th rounders in this year's draft.

Not a fan of giving up that many picks this year (although we have an extra 3rd from Buffalo, not sure if Glencross deal involved our 3rd or Buffalo's) to essentially marginally upgrade out 6D spot and get a "Top 9" wing who we might slot at 1RW.

Merrith

Voracek, Ovechkin, Tavares, Backstrom, Crosby, and Malkin all within 1 point of Art Ross lead. Pretty crowded at the top with some good company up there.

(Patrick Kane tied with Crosby and Malkin with 64 points but obviously he'll get passed up as season finishes up)

Merrith

Damn Grimm, I'd love to beat the drum for Fleury/Holtby for Vezina, but it's unreal the season Price is having (not to mention Rinne). Rinne only missed out on shutout list by 1 (Price respectable right below Fleury/Holtby...also the only category he isn't leading). Only other guy besides Price/Fleury/Holtby to appear on all 4 lists is Lundqvist. Dubnyk should get some consideration (or at least some status) for the numbers he's put together, especially since the move to Minny.

Actually looking again, Price is just ridiculous. 1.88 and .936 are just retarded good.

19mkvn.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's not even a race. MAF has been awesome and really consistent all season, but no one is even in Price's league right now.

Merrith

It's not even a race. MAF has been awesome and really consistent all season, but no one is even in Price's league right now.
This would be one year I'd actually expect Price to garner legit Hart consideration (and I only say legit because normally it seems like goalies get labeled as already having their own trophy in recent years).

Fleury and Holtby are like mirror images with their stats this year. Gleason looked solid if quiet (how I want our 6D and Green's partner to look) tonight, I don't worry about goaltending or D for the Caps at all. I just worry about teams loading up against AO and Backstrom...might not have the secondary scoring to stay with other teams.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
As a Habs fan who watches every game, let me say this...without Price we wouldn't even be in the playoffs, or at best fighting for the last spot.