NHL 2015-16 Season Thread

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Oh man the poor Oil.

Dead last in the league. Maybe if they can keep this up they will get that sweet #1 draft pick this year. That should turn it around for them.
They have had 4 of the last 6 # 1 draft picks, and what did it get them, dead fucking last.

Craig Mct and Kevin Lowe, what happened?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And Dallas gets victimized again as the team to give up the goal that breaks the record for most goals by Russian born player. Ovechkin ties it up 2-2 in the 3rd. Of course, when Federov broke the record 7 years ago, we won that game, so more work to do.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
In typical Ovechkin fashion, he breaks a record but his team loses the game. ;-)

Seriously though, it's fucking impressive how fast he did that...and in the era he's doing it.

Merrith

In typical Ovechkin fashion, he breaks a record but his team loses the game. ;-)

Seriously though, it's fucking impressive how fast he did that...and in the era he's doing it.
Ovechkin was using his mind control powers from the bench to force Chimera to make as horrific a turnover as you can imagine to blow at least a point tonight. Honestly I would have LOVED to have seen 3 on 3 OT with these two teams as well.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah they played alright. Their possesion was horrid in the 2nd but the first and third were pretty loose on both sides. Bad giveaway aside, Stralman seems to step up big everytime against us just to twist the knife. Sad thing is they're missing like 5 of their best players including 2/3rds of the triplet line. They just match up so well against us and we usually struggle to get through Bishop.

S'all good though, would be silly to complain.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
"What a bullshit call!"

*watches replay on the big screen*

"Ohhh...okay..."

I had it embedded, but it was making my post have a huge blank space to scroll through for some reason. Whatevs, watch it.
haha, that's pretty funny.

Oh man the poor Oil.

Dead last in the league. Maybe if they can keep this up they will get that sweet #1 draft pick this year. That should turn it around for them.
They have had 4 of the last 6 # 1 draft picks, and what did it get them, dead fucking last.

Craig Mct and Kevin Lowe, what happened?
It's kind of funny, because last year Eakins and MacT were claiming the team looked "visually better" while still getting their shit pushed in on a nightly basis. It was a big meme going around, because the fan base didn't buy it for even a second. But this year, the team actually IS visually better. They're a lot more competitive most games, and you don't feel like they're out of it too often. Their goal differential is better than half a dozen or more teams, for example. They're just still losing a ton of 1 goal games. And unfortunately the goaltending we've been getting is still really quite sub-par most nights.

Despite the terrible results, it really does feel like the team is about to turn a corner. Especially with Nurse and Draisatl coming up from the farm and both looking very, very good. But yeah, I don't think anyone is happy being in last place when most expected the team to at least be hanging around .500.

rrr_img_116485.jpg

http://oilersnation.com/2014/12/10/visually-better

It's like deja vu.

Merrith

Yeah they played alright. Their possesion was horrid in the 2nd but the first and third were pretty loose on both sides. Bad giveaway aside, Stralman seems to step up big everytime against us just to twist the knife. Sad thing is they're missing like 5 of their best players including 2/3rds of the triplet line. They just match up so well against us and we usually struggle to get through Bishop.

S'all good though, would be silly to complain.
I'd like to see another playoff series between Tampa and the Rags, assuming that doesn't mean we are eliminated to make that happen.

One good thing about last night's game is Trotz went power v. power putting Ovechkin/Backstrom/Oshie out against Seguin/Benn/Sharp for a lot of the game and our top line was around 60% possession. Hit some posts, had a bad turnover or two, and that was that.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Just wondering if any of you have noticed Draisatl? He started the year in the farm, and sort of faded into obscurity because of the McDavid hype. He was called up a couple games before McDavid got hurt to play wing. After McDavid got hurt, he moved to center with Hall and he's been unreal. 17 points in 10 games. And they don't even have a good right wing! They've been playing with Teddy Purcell, of all people. Kid is really, really good.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Just wondering if any of you have noticed Draisatl? He started the year in the farm, and sort of faded into obscurity because of the McDavid hype. He was called up a couple games before McDavid got hurt to play wing. After McDavid got hurt, he moved to center with Hall and he's been unreal. 17 points in 10 games. And they don't even have a good right wing! They've been playing with Teddy Purcell, of all people. Kid is really, really good.
I picked him up in my pool 2 weeks ago, he's been an absolute beast. Caught a few highlights of his goals/assists too and they were pretty much all impressive.

Merrith

Sloppy game, felt like we were sleeping the first period and a half. Liked our push in the 3rd and how we kept up the pressure after finally breaking through.

Both goalies were pretty great tonight, no one was stopping that Orlov shot though.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. I thought the Oil played a good game. Unfortunately they're very much a one line team right now. Eberle is still getting warmed up. Third line can't produce much either. Hall and Draisatl got shut down, and that was enough.

If they play like that every game though, they'll win more than they lose. I'm really hoping they have turned a corner.