NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
20 minutes into the 2nd game, Ovechkin now has 6 goals on the season, back to back hat tricks.

Annnnd make it 7. Back to back hatties to start the year, hasn't been done in 100 years.

Obviously this won't continue, but right now putting him on Kuznetsov's wing is working...and Vrana doesn't look out of place at all in the top 6 as the 3rd guy of that trio.

Fadaar

That guy
Lightning giving up 84 shots in the first two games is not a good sign. I guess only giving up 8 goals is a plus, but ffs that defense needs to fix itself and fast.

Merrith

Lightning giving up 84 shots in the first two games is not a good sign. I guess only giving up 8 goals is a plus, but ffs that defense needs to fix itself and fast.

Sounds better than the Rags. Lundqvist has given up 8 goals in 4 periods.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Sounds better than the Rags. Lundqvist has given up 8 goals in 4 periods.

Not gonna make excuses, but 5 of those goals in one period against a very fucking good (offensively) Leafs team. Was a legit firing squad out there last night, defense completely hung him out to dry. He looked so lost out there, felt so bad for Hankey =(

Good thing we addressed our defense in the off season

Those top nine forwards on the Leafs are legit relentless, gonna be a fun year for their fans.

Merrith

Not gonna make excuses, but 5 of those goals in one period against a very fucking good (offensively) Leafs team. Was a legit firing squad out there last night, defense completely hung him out to dry. He looked so lost out there, felt so bad for Hankey =(

Those top nine forwards on the Leafs are legit relentless, gonna be a fun year for their fans.

Leafs going to be nasty. Says something they put up 8 and Matthews wasn't even that involved in the scoring.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Going to be a shit show tonight with the Leafs vs Chicago. Should be a fun game to watch.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DLvhgikVwAEMoJg.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leafs vs Devils tonight, 2 fast teams who are putting up a lot of points. Should be a good watch again. Also the Caps vs the Pens of course.

pepesmile.png

Merrith

TJ Oshie on 82 goal pace now as well. Ovechkin 9th in 5 games. Backstrom 4 point night. Kuznetsov leads the league with 10 assists.

It's extremely early, but at least the big contracts are pulling their weight. If Niskanen misses any significant time though Caps going to be screwed. Blue line was thin already.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Meanwhile Ranger fans over here screaming tank for Dahlin already. AV gonna need a bodyguard after NJ whoops us tonight, torches and pitchforks at the ready.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TJ Oshie on 82 goal pace now as well. Ovechkin 9th in 5 games. Backstrom 4 point night. Kuznetsov leads the league with 10 assists.

It's extremely early, but at least the big contracts are pulling their weight. If Niskanen misses any significant time though Caps going to be screwed. Blue line was thin already.

And then they managed to get shut out by the Leafs. Wonder if this guy was there.

17904315_10207404327741073_3883098113859593873_n.jpg

Merrith

And then they managed to get shut out by the Leafs. Wonder if this guy was there.

17904315_10207404327741073_3883098113859593873_n.jpg

Was a weird game. Wasn't like the Leafs blew it up either just 1 non empty net goal, and on a random leaky rebound. But it only shows my point about Niskanen being out. Our blue line is so thin, no idea how long he's going to be out but we're going to struggle without him.

Only 2 of our 21 goals coming from the bottom 6 doesn't help either. Ovechkin and Oshie can't score every goal.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Sad times to be a habs fan, although I didn't expect us to have a very good season since we have a pretty terrible team. It started worse than I expected.

And the fucking media drooling all over Drouin all summer long like he is the answer to all the scoring problems we've had for the past few years. He's fun to watch and pretty talented, but his season high is like 53 points. He's not going to carry a team.

Merrith

Sad times to be a habs fan, although I didn't expect us to have a very good season since we have a pretty terrible team. It started worse than I expected.

And the fucking media drooling all over Drouin all summer long like he is the answer to all the scoring problems we've had for the past few years. He's fun to watch and pretty talented, but his season high is like 53 points. He's not going to carry a team.

I'm so glad you guys paid Alzner all the money you did. Great guy, warrior, but used up goods...or will be before that deal is over.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Last 2 games by the Wings were just terrible. It's one thing to get beat by a better team, but they just played like shit against the Canucks and Sabres.

Finally got Athanasiou signed and he may play tonight. That should at least provide some entertainment.

StoiCynic StoiCynic I hope Sproul works out for you guys. He's a bit too prone to defensive fuckups and pinches too much, but he should provide the Rangers with some offense.

Merrith

Western Canada trip for the Caps starts tonight. Canucks are hot but we've had more rest. Burakovsky out now as well as Niskanen. Might be a long season for us.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
StoiCynic StoiCynic I hope Sproul works out for you guys. He's a bit too prone to defensive fuckups and pinches too much, but he should provide the Rangers with some offense.

Dang, that's actually the last thing our defense needs at this point. Yet another liability. We just sent down that kid DeAngelo for that kind of play and Shattenkirk is the very definition of defensive liabity. Wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot over a few of our guys still, but chances are it was an AHL move for both teams. Puempel has alot of heart, but probably doesn't belong in the NHL.