NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im looking forward to the race for #2 and #3 in the Atlantic. Tampa will be #1 but I dont think the Leafs are in a spot to claim #2 outright.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Leafs and bolts seem to be running away with the Atlantic. Alot of time left, but if Habs or Sens don't pick it up quick they will have a tough hole to climb out of. More so for the habs, sens should be doing way better on paper. Detroit not making it easy on them either which I am a-ok with.

Was reading somewhere that Metro overall hadn't played each other that much. Probably why it's so hard to gain ground at the moment. Shit should be fun soon.

We got pens, caps and nj next week. Good chance to gain some ground with games in hand.... or lose it. Our D has been real solid lately (even Shatt), next week will be a big test. Hopefully McDonagh is back by then and and ready to go.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Roman Polak playing pinball.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
a short snapshot of how the Oilers season is going so far.

os66c46uz8101.png

Last edited:

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I would say no Talbot screws them pretty hard, but they have been sucking pretty hard all season. Maybe another 1oa pick will do the trick! Too bad they have like 22mil in cap space tied up on two players for the next 8 years....

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would say no Talbot screws them pretty hard, but they have been sucking pretty hard all season. Maybe another 1oa pick will do the trick! Too bad they have like 22mil in cap space tied up on two players for the next 8 years....

Theyll just have to look on the bright side, cap size is likely to get a decent bump coming up.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
StoiC we beat the Jackets in regulation tonight, should let you close the gap a little.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
More so for the habs, sens should be doing way better on paper. Detroit not making it easy on them either which I am a-ok with.

Detroit is making it real easy for the Habs now. Those last 2 games were fucking embarrassing.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like we've seen more crazy score games this year than for awhile

Think I saw somewhere that scoring was up 15% from last year.
And after a quick look, 12%

Offense on the Rise
There have been 1,924 goals scored this season (including shootout-deciding goals), up 12.4% over 2016-17, with an average of 6.1 goals per game. Only one other season in the past 12 years has had more goals through 318 games - there were 2,008 goals scored in the first 318 games of 2005-06.

* Fourteen different clubs have scored at least seven goals in a game this season, led by the Blackhawks who tallied 10 times on the second day of the campaign to become the fifth team in NHL history to score at least 10 goals in a season-opening game.

* The overall scoring increase is supported by spikes in the number of goals scored at even strength (1,399; up 10.9% vs. 2016-17), via the power-play (431; up 17.4%) and while shorthanded (67; up 24.1%).

Merrith

Think I saw somewhere that scoring was up 15% from last year.
And after a quick look, 12%

Yeah, I read a much longer article that really delved into it with the greater number of PP's from the increase in slashing penalties...but also a significant increase in raw shooting % league wide, because they believe that many of the high danger scoring chance areas like the slot is where guys would normally get away with slashing attackers, hindering their shots from those areas. Now with the increase in calls everywhere, guys are hacking much less, leaving a lot more open space for shooters to get off clean shots from high danger areas. Good for the game honestly.

Merrith

Caps win over the Sharks last night was only their 2nd regulation win against them in the last 26 meetings. Talk about a bogey team. Ovechkin moved past Recchi for 20th all time in goals.

Merrith

4 point night for Tom Wilson. Hilarious. Oveckin also had 4, but bit crazier for Wilson to hit that mark.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Calgary vs Toronto was a close one. 48 shots for the Flames and Anderson only let in 1. Hes been the best Leafs player for a month and a half now. Not sure how but all of Torontos big goal scorers, Marner Nylander and Matthews, arnt scoring but they are still winning games.

Merrith

Calgary vs Toronto was a close one. 48 shots for the Flames and Anderson only let in 1. Hes been the best Leafs player for a month and a half now. Not sure how but all of Torontos big goal scorers, Marner Nylander and Matthews, arnt scoring but they are still winning games.

Sometimes you need your goalie to step up and steal you some. Chicago dominated in shots tonight against the Caps, and Holtby was a beast as well. Even if many of them were low danger shots from outside and score effects played into it, you need your top guy to be a wall sometimes.