NHL 2017-2018 Season: Penguins already sucking dick

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Kings playing like they mean it every night, happy camper. Granted, spanking the Habs twice already this season has helped.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty amazing how many PP chances they get when they need it for McDavid and company tonight. Hopefully Kuznetsov and Ovechkin a little too much in this game.

boozebagbeefhole

Blackwing Lair Raider
23130946_1097551143711802_4791394354389348313_n.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
On a team with some of the worst defensemen in the league, Shattenkirk somehow manages to stand out as one of the worst. If he played like this last year for Washington, he could of honestly cost them a legitimate playoff run. He is that bad.

Merrith

On a team with some of the worst defensemen in the league, Shattenkirk somehow manages to stand out as one of the worst. If he played like this last year for Washington, he could of honestly cost them a legitimate playoff run. He is that bad.

Uh...he kind of did? You did watch the playoffs right? Like I know he put up some points, real tough when you get to feed Ovechkin for one timers or out there with Backstrom/Oshie...but defensively, he was a bit of a train wreck.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Uh...he kind of did? You did watch the playoffs right? Like I know he put up some points, real tough when you get to feed Ovechkin for one timers or out there with Backstrom/Oshie...but defensively, he was a bit of a train wreck.

Wasn't exactly analyzing any single player in a series I wasn't personally invested in. Was in full denial mode as far as Shatt is concerned last year anyway, in hopes of a blue line upgrade. How naive I was.

Merrith

Wasn't exactly analyzing any single player in a series I wasn't personally invested in. Was in full denial mode as far as Shatt is concerned last year anyway, in hopes of a blue line upgrade. How naive I was.

If it helps, I was expecting him to be at least passable defensively. Wasn't expecting him to be on the Blues top pairing given they have Pietrangelo and Parayko there, who are both diesel, but I didn't expect him to be nearly as bad as he was in his own end.

Merrith

Can't imagine how bad Caps would be right now without Ovechkin. Backstrom and Oshie really need to get going here soon. Also need to stop losing D men.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Steve Dangle has to be one of the better things about being a Leafs fan.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That feeling when the Leafs beat the Habs 6-0
unknown.png

QyVobAP.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This thread is dead quiet. Naturally that calls for what every hockey fan wants ... more Leafs content.

On that note, second half of back to back days for the Leafs vs Washington among all the other teams tonight. Going to be some ugly games.

Merrith

This thread is dead quiet. Naturally that calls for what every hockey fan wants ... more Leafs content.

On that note, second half of back to back days for the Leafs vs Washington among all the other teams tonight. Going to be some ugly games.

Caps also on 2nd half of back to back after playing Tampa here in DC then having to fly up there overnight. Hoping we have some legs left.

Merrith

Didn't realize Ovechkin was doing a Make A Wish for a kid up there tonight. It was all over for Toronto at that point. Passes Bondra for Caps all time hat trick lead with his 20th, also 18 goals now leads the NHL.

Ovechkin is on pace for 59 goals. There's no way he keeps that up at his age. Probably.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rangers win 10 out of last twelve and still outside playoff bubble. Calm the fuck down Metro division, sheesh...

Merrith

Rangers win 10 out of last twelve and still outside playoff bubble. Calm the fuck down Metro division, sheesh...

Was reading somewhere that Metro overall hadn't played each other that much. Probably why it's so hard to gain ground at the moment. Shit should be fun soon.